Jandy iAqualink Pool Integration

I think I know what the issue is. I’ll have a look when I get home.

I’ve put in a fix for set_light. Update hass-aqualink with “git pull” and restart homeassistant.

Works perfect now. Thanks!

The lights work but I’m getting all kinds of errors in my log. When I disable the aqualink custom compoent the errors go away. Here are a few…

Executing <Task pending coro=<Entity.async_update_ha_state() running at /usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py:220> wait_for=<Future pending cb=[<TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7f352480a0d8>()] created at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py:586> cb=[_wait.._on_completion() at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py:440] created at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py:361> took 0.210 seconds

Executing <TimerHandle _async_create_timer..fire_time_event created at /usr/src/app/homeassistant/core.py:1265> took 0.115 seconds

Executing <Handle <TaskWakeupMethWrapper object at 0x7f356d8b0438> created at /usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/futures.py:323> took 0.563 seconds

Yeah. they’re not errors. It’s some debugging that I forgot to remove.

I have had the hardest time setting this up and I know it should be simple. I have followed the instructions to instal the files via git, and have the required entry in my configuration.yaml.
What am I doing wrong?

The error that I receive is:

2019-05-05 06:49:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Integration not found: aqualink

Here are the files:

➜  config ls custom_components/aqualink -l  
total 44
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1515 May  5 06:44 LICENSE
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          2203 May  5 06:44 README.md
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          5439 May  5 06:44 __init__.py
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4149 May  5 06:44 climate.py
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          3138 May  5 06:44 light.py
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            47 May  5 06:44 pytest.ini
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            49 May  5 06:44 requirements.txt
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1851 May  5 06:44 sensor.py
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1905 May  5 06:44 switch.py

Here is my configuration.yaml entry:

aqualink:
  username: !secret aqualink_username
  password: !secret aqualink_password

Can you do ls -la /config/custom_components, just to check permissions/ownership on the directory.

Things look good otherwise. What version of HA are you running? I’m running 0.92.2 and while I suspected the lack of manifest.json file to be a potential issue, it’s not mandatory for custom components.

I am running Home Assistant 0.92.2 and here is my ls -la /config/custom_components. Thank you.

➜  config ls -la /config/custom_components
total 16
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          4096 May  5 06:44 .
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root          4096 May  5 10:00 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Mar 30 11:10 __pycache__
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 May  5 06:49 aqualink

Hi Flauran,

Any chance you can remove the debugging? Thanks again for you work!

Switched over to your new version, working great including the light…

On a side note, has anyone seen salt levels etc show up, even in the app… wondering if I need some additional hardware.

1 Like

I’m currently running Hassio. I have manually copied over the (raw) files to an aqualink folder in custom_components folder. I am unsure on how and where to place the api file(s) from PyPi.org. Any help would be appreciated.

Please follow the instructions at: https://github.com/flz/hass-aqualink

I don’t get ph / orp / salt levels either. Guessing this is hardware-dependent.

I’ll do that tonight.

Yeah, I guess I have more to learn: cannot seem to figure out how to “run bash commands from Homeassistant directory” for a Hassio system. Thank you for your response.

You might need to install the “SSH & Web Terminal” add-on from the Add-on store first to be able to run git commands.

That helped. I learned something new in regards to the “SSH & Web Terminal” add-on. Your component works great. Thank you.

1 Like

Flauran - wanted to let you know that I was able to get everything working. I am not sure what was wrong, but did a fresh install of Hassio and reinstalled. Everything is working perfectly. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Glad you got it working, I ran out of ideas!

Never answered your question. Yes, the component support Aux devices. There’s also some hardcoded cover-related values in the output of the API which makes me think some RS systems have dedicated cover ports. Either way, would be interested to hear about things are working out for you once the set up is complete!