Jasco Dimmer in switch mode won't turn off

Just installed some newer Jasco Dimmers. We didn’t realize we have some lights in some offices that don’t dim so I found a config parameter to have the dimmer act as a switch. Works great when home assistant is offline. When home assistant is online either pushing the switch physically or pushing the off button in home assistant the light never turns off. The log shows the following.

“turned off triggered by service Light: Turn off”
then almost immediately
“turned on triggered by service Light: Turn on”

What gives?

Looks to me that the light is turning off.

Do you have the light in an automation somewhere?

Sorry edited a mis-copy in my log file. It goes off then on.

Clues:

1. Home Assistant is online. That is the host PC is turned on and connected to the local network.
  2. when pushing the switch (I assume to “off”) the light immediately turns on.

This could be from an automation controlling the light.

I am having this same issue! Lights don’t turn off when I turn them off when it’s in “switch mode”. I disabled all the automations tied to it, but it was exhibiting this problem immediately after I added the dimmer to the network. Once it’s out of “switch mode” it starts operating normally, so I don’t think it’s automation related.

When the light is on and i turn it off through the app i see this in the logs:

2024-04-25 07:00:53.459 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-targetValue 99 => 0
2024-04-25 07:00:53.460 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-currentValue 99 => 0

but the lights do not turn off.

when i try to turn them back on in the app i get

2024-04-25 07:02:49.989 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-targetValue 0 => 255

and then a few seconds later

2024-04-25 07:02:55.111 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-targetValue 255 => 99
2024-04-25 07:02:55.112 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-duration 0s => 0s
2024-04-25 07:02:55.113 INFO Z-WAVE: [Node 016] Value updated: 38-0-currentValue 0 => 99

could it be related to this? Automation: Call Service, zwave_js.set_config_parameter Not working - #3 by freshcoast
i have that setting 32 available on the dimmer.

here’s the info page: Z-Wave JS Config DB Browser

I returned them and got some of these Zooz 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range Dimmer Switch ZEN72 800LR they associated right away, have almost instant on/off from a manual paddle toggle, and appear to have a lot more configuration than the jasco ones!

Yup exact same issue. If I disable the z-wave plugin in HA, it stops doing it. The switch works in switch mode no problem. Some something in HA is causing the problem. What that is I don’t know.

Yeah that isn’t an option I have installed 30 of these devices already. I am not removing them. There has to be a fix. It only does it when HA is monitoring the z-wave interface. So something in HA is causing it.