Just moved from Hubitat to Home Assistant

I just completed my move to Home Assistant from Hubitat. My environment is relatively simple; (1) integration with Envisalink, (2) garage door control, (3) Lutron, (4) a few Z-Wave devices, (5) proximity for automating home/away. I started by HA testing on a Pi3B+. Once I was comfortable with the UI and environment, I began moving each of these integrations separately from Hubitat to HA. HA’s Lutron integration is superior. HA’s Envisalink integration is native, not kludgy like on Hubitat. I was using the Hubitat Android app and Life360 to determine proximity on that platform. HA’s Android app does proximity reliably (unlike Hubitat) so I’ve punted Life360. My proximity automation on HA worked first time and each time since. I recently upgraded to a Pi4 with a simple backup and restore. That couldn’t have been easier. I am VERY happy I made the switch from Hubitat to HA. Now, what’s next to automate? How about some MMwave sensors?

4 Likes

Welcome to HA

Just posted a video today about mmWave and other sensor use in HA

If you’re in north america (which I think it’s the case since envisalink is typically used with DSC/Honeywell systems that aren’t really commun outside of north america) you might want to have a look at the 120 V wall switches/dimmers/scene controllers from Inovelli (z-wave, zigbee and thead/matter variants available). They have a mmWave and lux sensor embedded.