KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Wondering if I can get some help - just move a BE649ZP from old zwave and ptdalen’s Lock Manager suite over to zwavejs and KeyMaster.

So far so good - just missing one piece I used to use a lot - the Front Door Report sensor that said which user last unlocked door, if it was manually unlocked, locked by HA etc.

I can’t see anything in the zwavejs web front end that suggest that information is present - does anybody know if I should be able to see it there? I’ve had a good look through the categories below and not been able to see anything relevant. Just trying to narrow down what I’m missing at this stage - anyone know if this info still present from zwavejs for this device?

Okay some mysteries solved:

1. My lock wasn’t properly paired - I need to re-interview it
  2. I don’t think the front door report is available out of the box - I should have RTFM
  3. I cobbled something similar together as follows (new input_text required which gets updated in the automation, and then a sensor template to read from that):
alias: 'System: update front door status'
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: keymaster_lock_state_changed
    event_data:
      lockname: front_door
  - platform: state
    entity_id: lock.lock_front_door_lock
    to: locked
    for: '00:00:15'
  - platform: state
    entity_id: lock.lock_front_door_lock
    to: unlocked
    for: '00:00:15'
    attribute: friendly_name
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '   {{ trigger.to_state is not defined or ((as_timestamp(now()) -  as_timestamp(states.sensor.front_door_report.last_changed)) > 15) }}'
action:
  - service: input_text.set_value
    target:
      entity_id: input_text.front_door_report
    data:
      value: >
        {% if trigger.to_state is defined %}
          {% if trigger.to_state.state == "locked" %}
        HA locked 
          {% else %}
        HA unlocked
          {% endif %}
        {% else  %} {{ trigger.event.data.action_text }}{% if 
        trigger.event.data.code_slot > 0   %}  ({{
        trigger.event.data.code_slot_name }}){% endif %} {% endif %} 
mode: single

It’s not nearly as rich as that in the old LockManager but a start I guess. The finickity bit on HA Locked and Unlocked I cribbed from there as was surprised that HA lock / unlock events doesn’t result in any notification, we just have to infer it.

Interested if anyone has anything similar. Thanks!

I missed this as well. Fixed my Lovelace Entity not available: input_XXX errors.

very true, would have been pretty easy to rip much of the dashboard away. I wasn’t sure how the app would function if I took out all the helpers also and I wanted those gone as well. in the end I just made a very simple dashboard with Name, Code, and a toggle for Enabled with a few automations to run the zwave commands for them. super light-weight and only uses the core components + zwave-js.

coming from SmartThings, HASS has been a bit of a learning curve. a little bit off-putting that there’s no built-in code for managing basic things like locks and smoke detectors. in the end it’s been education creating those myself and the power and flexibility come at a usability cost, still sometimes miss ST and WebCore for simplicity.

Any chance child locks are supposed to be working now? I’m still having issues.

I created an issue over on GitHub since I couldn’t find a current one and there’s been a new version release since you made this comment. Thanks!

Not yet. I don’t have a child lock to work with. I might get motivated if we can get a couple of people with child locks to help test it.

Thanks for the update. I’m happy to help test if you want to work on it at some point.

Threw together a quick video on this if anyone is interested. https://youtu.be/_NjVbQBaOjQ

2 Likes

Thanks Chris, very helpful.

I’ve read through this thread for about 30 minutes but can’t find the explanation for my issue.

I have 3 locks total. Every time I try and add a new one it overwrites my existing. I tried making different directories within KeyMaster but still, get the same issue.

Can anyone point me to the documentation that explains this?

Are you adding a brand new integration for each lock? Make sure you’re not overwriting the existing settings.

1 Like

You need to create a separate integration for each lock.

Did you install using HACS? I ask because you don’t need to “create directories”. If you haven’t, delete what you’ve done so far and start over. Read the FAQ to get started.

1 Like

That’s the answer. New Integration for each lock. Thanks.

Apologies if this has been questioned/raised already, but is there any indication on having a release path to possibly include Zigbee? Or is that out of scope for this Project?

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what it was. Don’t think I’ve configured anything quite like that before so thought didn’t cross my mind.

I ended up figuring it out by trial/error as well back when the project was still lock manager. Hehe.

Yeah now that we can manage zigbee locks and codes with commands hoping this would get added as well :smiley:

Not unless a zigbee integration exists that can set/clear/read codes from locks and a developer with a zigbee lock steps up to the plate. @firstof9, @raman325, and myself would be more than happy to work with them and get them started.

what integration is this that you can manage codes with commands?

edit: nm I see ZHA supports it.

Apologies, I thought it was part of the official integration now?

Unfortunately, I am no developer :’( Will be keeping a keen eye on your work though in the hope someone steps up :slight_smile:

1 Like