KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

Did you change your lock to use 6 digit PINs?

I went thru your msg history and it appears you are using the BE469. Can you confirm the exact model number? How old is the lock?

@FutureTense I have started my dive into Home Assistant over the last two weeks (moving over from SmartThings Webcore). I have a Kwikset 916 Smart Lock, I ā€œthinkā€ I have followed your instructions on how to install the lock manger but I am getting a lot of ā€œEntity not available: input_text.frontdoor_xxx_#ā€ issues on the lovelace dashboard. Was something supposed to create them? I assume I missed or screwed up a step.

I installed the module through HACS, I renamed the lock entities to have ā€œ_frontdoorā€ at the end.

• lock.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_locked_frontdoor
  • zwave.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_access_control_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_alarm_level_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_alarm_type_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_battery_level_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_burglar_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_power_management_frontdoor
  • sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_sourcenodeid_frontdoor

The intregration seemed to complete correctly (the frontdoor folder was created).

I was confused on user code sensor but it only had one available option which was
sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_alarm_level_frontdoor

For the Access Control Sensor I used
sensor.kwikset_spectrum_brands_smartcode_916_access_control_frontdoor

I am not using OZW that I am aware of (I donā€™t have MQTT installed)

Card-tools, fold-entity-row and auto-entities are installed. I manually tested fold-entity with some light switch to determined that installing them via HACS worked.

I added in the script, automation, binary_sensors and input_booleans from the GIT directions, but have since removed them back out during my trouble shooting.

Any through what I did wrong?

Yes, I have a 6-digit PIN manually entered into the lock so we can still use it while Iā€™m trying to get this configured in HA.

However, I do see that the value for PIN length in the Z-wave integration shows as 4, instead of 6, but every time I try to update it, it ignores my input and doesnā€™t change anything.

@btilly if the input texts arenā€™t appearing, it looks like you havenā€™t restarted HA. Did you?

Yep, thatā€™s correct. The exact model number is: BE469WK V CAM 619. I bought it in July from Amazon.

I wouldnā€™t use 6 digit PINs for now. Especially until you get things working. And if youā€™re using the older Schlage, itā€™s going to be harder to debug things if you use zwave. Do you have access to the add on store? Installing OpenZWave will make your life easier.

OK, I just set it to 4 digits, but it still shows as ā€œConnectingā€ as the PIN status.

Iā€™ve never used OZW - do I have to completely re-pair everything to use it?

@FutureTense You are active on here! Thank you so much for the time you spend helping other out.

Yes - I had restarted HA, and I did it just again right now for good measure. No change. What ā€œprocessā€ creates those inputs? is it one of the automations?

I did notice that your open_zwave_network_XXX Automations refer to OZW, which I am not using. But I assume that is not the issues?

You shouldnā€™t. But even if you did, ozw is the future. Zwave is not being supported

Hi FutureTense,

I am having the same issue as coolsaber57. I am running HassOS 4.15 with Supervisor Version 2020.10.0. In addition I am running lock-manager v0.0.34

Below is a screenshot of my UI

I have enabled debugging for this intergration and this is what I see when I go to send a code using the UI.

Logger: homeassistant.components.script.frontdoor_conditional_notify
Source: helpers/script.py:1122
Integration: Script (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:29:14 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:29:14 AM

frontdoor_conditional_notify: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 2: Unable to find service script/frontdoor_manual_notify
Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.frontdoor_lock_notifications
Source: helpers/script.py:1122
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)

frontdoor Lock Notifications: Error executing script. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: Unable to find service script/frontdoor_manual_notify
Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.frontdoor_lock_notifications
Source: core.py:1398
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)

While executing automation automation.frontdoor_lock_notifications
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 426, in async_trigger
    await self.action_script.async_run(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1010, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 245, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 253, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 463, in _async_call_service_step
    await self._async_run_long_action(service_task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 422, in _async_run_long_action
    long_task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1448, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1483, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 215, in service_handler
    await script_entity.async_turn_on(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 320, in async_turn_on
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1010, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 245, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 253, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 463, in _async_call_service_step
    await self._async_run_long_action(service_task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 422, in _async_run_long_action
    long_task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1398, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: Unable to find service script/frontdoor_manual_notify```

Iā€™m more active on discord. Hint hint.

Those inputs are created in the packages directory. Did you ever add packages: !include_dir_named packages to your configuration.yaml?

Well, for starters you donā€™t have the latest UI. Did you re-run the integration options and press submit?

Hmm, everything Iā€™ve read about OZW is that itā€™s not ready for primetime yet.

I doubt youā€™re using zwave features (not the native protocol) that much to make a difference. But for lock-manager ozw is preferred, mostly because the two developers use that, and it makes it easier to support you guys.

Iā€™m out for a while. Peace out.

Got it, thank you - Iā€™ll take a look

Any luck getting OZW setup? Its kind of confusing to meā€¦

@FutureTense Alright adding in packages: !include_dir_named packages seemed to make a HUGE difference. Thanks for that hint. The system is still not working

But that being said, I need to add in some of your scripts, automations and input_booleans, and sensors that you mention in your GIT hub back in (I still have to do some debugging on my end).

Things I am noticing: Attempting to load a pin just has the Pin Status stuck in ā€œConnectingā€. I AM connected to the lock (I can use the lock/unlock button at the top to trigger that and it works).

I still have NO idea what fold-entity-row does not work, I tested it on some light switches and it seemed to work fine.

I saw you mentioning to coolsaber57 that OZW is the way of the future. I have the HACS installed, but I canā€™t find anything in there to install - Could that be part of the issues I am seeing? it is worth installing? If so I am sure I can find a guide online to do it, unless it is simple and you can point me in the right direction.

I havenā€™t tried yet, Iā€™m a little afraid of screwing up all my automations that involve z-wave devices, so Iā€™m trying to read more about the process of switching over. Let me know if you find a good guide on doing it.

Edit: it looks like you can test it before you fully commit:

Then to fully switch over:

1 Like

lol yea good call. Iā€™ve been trying by fumbling thru whatever docs I could find and now all my Z-Wave devices are ā€œunavailableā€.

Maybe Iā€™m following the wrong instructions, but Iā€™m hating that I have to install and configure 2 addons and 2 integrations (OZW addon, OZW integration, MQTT broker addon, MQTT integration) that somehow talk to each other? Am I crazy?