KeyMaster Z-Wave lock manager and scheduler

I recently upgraded to v.28 and I am receiving random “Door Closed” notifications about every hour on the hour, 3 times in a row. I have 3 code slots enabled.

I have a Yale 226 which doesn’t have an available Alarm Level (using the sensor.fake) but does show the following entity under Alarm Type. Could this being sending some type of update triggering the notification? Should I change it to sensor.fake?

sensor.assure_touchscreen_deadbolt_access_control_lock_state

Yes change it to sensor.fake your lock utilizes the zwave_js events for sending messages.

What brand/model of lock?

It is a Schlage Century Connect Z-Wave Plus

I think you’ll want to use an script that leverages the event platform.

If you listen for events on keymaster_lock_state_changed you should see a nice clean way to get the information you’re looking for.

EDIT: I’ll see about whipping up an example script tomorrow and post it in the wiki.

@firstof9

My setup:
ZwaveJS2MQTT on latest versions
HassOS/CORE/Supervisor on latest versions
ZwaveJS Integation on latest versions
Yale YRD110 Locks (Front/Garage Door)

Question: I should be able to either listen to events through the debug tools on the keymaster_lock_state_changed events or watch in node_red for those same events looking globally at the keymaster_lock_state_changed correct?

If so I do not see any state changes doing either method. Thoughts on any of this?

Thank you I would much appreciate that,

I turned off the notification in the actual lock tab but I am still getting notifications. They report correctly some of the time that is what I cannot figure out.

I’ve learned so much about Home Assistant in the last 12 months but a few little things still get me stumped lol. The integration however is working wonderfully and I am going to pickup a 2nd lock for my back door.

I do appreciate your help

No idea, I’ve never touched node red.

For what it’s worth. I changed it to sensor.fake and still received the “door closed” notifications, every hour on the hour, 3 times each.

I ended up turning off the door notification. Other than that it works great. Strange as it just started when I upgraded to v.28. I’ve been using zwavejs2MQTT for 3-4 weeks with no issue.

My binary door sensor is provided through my envisalink alarm integration. I wonder if there is some type of network issue.

Ok let’s ignore NodeRed. I don’t see any activity from the keymaster events. What I try to see events:

• lock/unlock
  • lock and then unlock with a code

Really nothing shows up so curious what to troubleshoot.

The alarmType sensor udpates right?

This is what I am seeing:

I think keymaster still fires events based on the sensors when using zwavejs, I’d have to defer to @raman325 on that to be fully sure.

That’s correct. If those sensors are enabled, then we should be firing alerts on those values every time the lock goes from locked to unlocked or vice versa

Yeah, not seeing anything in the events. The data in the sensor changed when I use different codes too. Suggestions?

Could you open an issue on github for tracking?

yeah please open an issue. But can you also verify that your lock state is changing along with the sensors? Another user reported that for their lock, the lock state doesn’t change when a code is entered.

Installed via Hacs but the integration never shows up…I’ve followed the new steps based on the new KeyMaster renaming.

Noticed there are several variations of the installation process, which one is the latest one?

This is the one I followed and was able to get everything setup (minus notifications which I am still looking at). https://github.com/FutureTense/keymaster/wiki

I noticed I am still getting notifications when a certain user enters their code which great but now sure how this is happening as I have the notification turned off in the lock manager.

Is this being overridden somewhere?