Kia Uvo Integration

Have you updated recently because there were some improvements about login process. I have uninstalled and installed many times before publishing latest release, it was yesterday or 2 days ago.

Now it’s works after I updated and use my old password from my uvo account :slight_smile: strange :thinking:

Yes, some other users had reported similar issues, there seems to be a sync problem between old and new account types. Glad to hear that it is resolved.

Mine still shows this. Any ideas? It was working pre-migration but the config flow doesnt accept my credentials.

Logger: custom_components.kia_uvo.config_flow
Source: custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py:164
Integration: Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink (documentation)
First occurred: 22:43:04 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:43:04

kia_uvo Exception in kia_uvo login : 'redirectUrl' - traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py", line 150, in async_step_user self.token = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/KiaUvoApiEU.py", line 150, in login parsed_url = urlparse(response.json()["redirectUrl"]) KeyError: 'redirectUrl'

I also get the same error as g189ffin.
same credentials as used in the new app.
I searched for a site where I can login with the same credentials.
Kia Owners Portal does not work for my (european/the netherlands) account.
I installed the new app last week and also reset the password. I always had a kia instead of first a uvo and converted to kia account.

Let’s move this discussion to github issues. One tip: can you try to create a new account and share your car with new one?

I used my secundary e-mailaddress and created a new account and added my car to it. The integration works! I will try if I can connect it back to my primary e-mailaddress.

1 Like

Great piece of work, I can now use Alexa to lock the car!

1 Like

Just tried this today, I have had my Kia since 29/5/21 and have had a UVO and Kia account I logged out of the app then back in using the UVO credentials, it informed me my account had been updated and I then logged back in with my Kia account. I get this error when trying to initiate the Kia Integration
I am in the UK.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.kia_uvo.config_flow
Source: custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py:164
Integration: Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink (documentation)
First occurred: 13:50:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:50:23

kia_uvo Exception in kia_uvo login : 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable - 
traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py",
line 150, in async_step_user self.token = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", 
line 52, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/KiaUvoApiEU.py", 
line 77, in login credentials = push_receiver.register(sender_id=self.GCM_SENDER_ID) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/push_receiver/push_receiver.py", 
line 204, in register fcm = fcm_register(sender_id=sender_id, token=subscription["token"]) TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

might I just have to wait for back end sync event?

Can you create an account from stratch and share your car with it and try with new account? This is solving these issues, but i don’t know how long it would take to sync completed

I created a new account but could not pair it with the car, keeps saying the link to the car is unstable. It took be ages to get it to work the first time. Also UVO settings in the car states it is registered to the original email address and to contact a dealer if this is incorrect so is it even possible to change it? I tried sharing the car but I think the same number confused it. It said no account had this number but both of them do.

Ok I’m in, I logged into the account on another phone. That allowed me to share my car and the Integration installed fine, cheers

1 Like

Happy to hear this, i will add this to readme section of repository

keep in mind, now there is a way from alexa to your car to unlock it :slight_smile:

Hi thanks a lot for this integration, I’m in Italy and I have a e-soul. Everything is working fine. I think a step by step installation guide could be useful for some users. I was a little lost after installing from HACS… didn’t know what to do next🤔
I’m going to try the climate control and I’ll let you know!

Is it possible to use username and password stored in secrets.yaml instead of entering them in the integration config?

Thanks again

Just an fyi, I had some trouble with registering, getting the callback error. The proposed solution of creating a new account, sharing the car and logging in with that account works great.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this integration! It’s been working flawlessly for me for a couple of weeks.

I was wondering how often the device_tracker status is updated as I’d like to use the location of my Kona in an automation to open/close my garage door.

Is there some way to tie my personal device_tracker to update/check the car’s status when I leave/enter my home’s radius?

For those interested, I made the following picture elements card, which shows when the doors are unlocked and when it’s charging. If it’s not charging, it’s not glowing yellow. If doors are locked, they’re not blue.

DeurenRechts
DeurenRechts841×492 166 KB

DeurenLinks
DeurenLinks844×486 153 KB

Imgur: The magic of the Internet for the charging. For some reason it converts it to JPEG when uploading? Change the filenames accordingly (LadenRechts for rightside and LadenLinks for leftside.

type: picture-elements
elements:
  - type: state-icon
    entity: lock.e_niro_door_lock
    style:
      top: 28%
      left: 40%
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: binary_sensor.e_niro_charging
        state: 'on'
    elements:
      - type: image
        entity: binary_sensor.e_niro_charging
        image: /local/LadenLinks.png
        style:
          top: 25%
          left: 49%
          width: 99%
        image: /local/LadenRechts.png
        style:
          top: 76%
          left: 49%
          width: 100%
  - type: conditional
    conditions:
      - entity: lock.e_niro_door_lock
        state: unlocked
    elements:
        image: /local/DeurenLinks.png
        style:
          top: 22.8%
          left: 54%
          width: 55%
        image: /local/DeurenRechts.png
        style:
          top: 73.5%
          left: 43%
          width: 55%
image: /local/KiaNiro.jpg

For the glance card:

type: glance
entities:
  - entity: sensor.e_niro_ev_battery
  - entity: sensor.e_niro_range_by_ev
  - entity: lock.e_niro_door_lock
  - entity: binary_sensor.e_niro_air_conditioner
7 Likes

You can configure frequency of forced updates in integration options page but i personally do not advice this.
1- it is not guaranteed to have a fresh response
2- it depends on gps signals which are object to error
3- frequency needs to be to high to make it reliable which might end up destroying your relationship with Kia Uvo servers :slight_smile:

Wow, this is a really nice thinking, loved it.