KNX Address as automation trigger

Hi.

I have KNX in my home assistant and i would like to trigger an automation with a KNX address. its the central off address (1/1/0) so when i press it on wall switch i would like it to trigger an HA automation. so for example i can also turn of the tv (Which is configured on HA)
the address 1/1/0 is not a switch or entey on HA. but i can see it in the KNX log.

Hi :wave:!
See Home Assistant - KNX: trigger actions from a KNX switch

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, this is perfect!

Quick question: in the linked video, I’ve noticed there are pre-populated knx group addresses that can be selected in the Destination drop-down menu. While I can easily type in a Group Address manually (e.g. 1/1/21), it’s nicer to have a drop down and a name next to the address (e.g. “1/1/21 - Büro”) as in the video. Any tip on how to achieve this?

Note that I am fairly new to Home Assistant as I’m currently going through a migration from my previous system (Jeedom), and I’m still learning some of the basics :slightly_smiling_face:

I had approached this differently (definition of sensors and automation based on sensor states or values), but have been stuck with some data types for which there is no defined sensor type - I’m guessing the approach in the video may work better.

Go to the “Knx” panel and import your project file. This will not only get the GA names, but also the DPT to decode the payload (if it is a supported sensor type).

1 Like

I see. This did not work for me, as the import returns an error (Upload failed - Unknown error). Mabye because I’m using ETS6?

May these be manually registered somewhere instead?

ETS 6 should be supported just fine. If you get an error, please file an issue so it can be fixed.
Either at HA Core repo or at https://github.com/XKNX/xknxproject

No, the names can’t be manually set.

1 Like

Got it, good to know. Thank you for your help today!

Thank you…
that was exactly what i was looking for.

is there also a way i could get the status of an entity in HA and trasnfer it to KNX, so on my wall panel i could read / see the status of a non knx enitty but an HA entity?

Yes. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/knx/#exposing-entity-states-entity-attributes-or-time-to-knx-bus