KNX Climate - Preset, Fan Speed and Humidity

Hello, I am new to both KNX and Home Assistant. I have configured a Siemens RDG200KN thermostat as a climate entity in home assistant. All the configured features are working fine and it shows up on my dashboard like this:

However, I have some questions about this:

1. The “preset” configuration (i.e. operation mode) is only available in a popup window when clicking on the three dots in the top right corner. Is it possible to customise the UI such that I can choose the preset without opening the popup? The preset is the only way for me to switch the thermostat on/off so I often need to access this setting.
  2. My thermostat also supports fan speed settings (manual and auto). However, it seems that “climate” does not have any options for this. What’s the best way of controlling the fan speed from home assistant? Do I need to add another separate “fan” device for this?
  3. My thermostat also reports humidity in addition to room temperature. What’s the best way to integrate this into home assistant? I have added it as “weather”, which looks a bit weird on the dashboard as my thermostat isn’t a weather station.

To start, you can add features in the card setup. If the options are available on your thermostat they will show in the added feature.

1 Like

Hi :wave:!

Knx climate doesn’t support it directly, so use a fan, number or select entity for this - whatever fits best for your needs.

Use a simple sensor entity.

2 Likes

How can I get to this card configuration popup? I couldn’t find this anywhere.
Update: Figured out that I need to create another dashboard to edit this.

Hello Mathias!

I’ve some of these thermostats, but something is not right with the config (selecting the HVAC modes more precisely).
I think the KNX or/and the RDG200 config is wrong.
When I want to change between heating/cooling in HA (ergo change the DPT 20.105 - DPT_HVACContrMode on the thermostat) it changes the DPT 20.102 - DPT_HVACMode…
Would you share your (full) config with me?

Thanks!

Sure, here is my config for my lounge thermostat:

climate:
  - name: "Lounge"
    temperature_address: "3/0/2"
    target_temperature_address: "3/0/5"
    target_temperature_state_address: "3/0/6"
    operation_mode_address: "3/0/10"
    operation_mode_state_address: "3/0/12"
    heat_cool_address: "3/0/8"
    heat_cool_state_address: "3/0/9"
    temperature_step: 0.5
    min_temp: 18.0
    max_temp: 28.0
    operation_modes:
      - "Frost Protection"
      - "Night"
      - "Comfort"

KNX address configuration:

Object Number Name Linked With
37 Built-in room temperature value 3/0/2 Living_AirTemp
25 Room temp: Basic setpoint Comfort 3/0/5 Living_SetPT
28 Room temp: Current setpoint 3/0/6 Living_SetPT_FB
46 Heating/Cooling changeover (1=Heating/0=Cooling) 3/0/8 Living_HeatCool_SW
47 Heating/Cooling mode state (1=Heating/0=Cooling) 3/0/9 Living_HeatCoolStatus_FB
7 Room operating mode: Preselection 3/0/10 Living_Mode
8 Room operating mode: Preselection 3/0/12 Living_Mode_(Preselection)_FB

Thanks a lot!