KNX Cookbook

Yes, absolutely. But it sounds like your interface has a bug and you need to work around it. A static address in DHCP alone will not suffice. As DHCP is not available at interface start-up time this will change nothing. So you need to define the same static address in DHCP and in 731. The details on how to define it in 731 can be found at the beginning of page 3 in this document: https://descargas.futurasmus-knxgroup.org/DOC/GB/Weinzierl/17634/Weinzierl-731-KNX-IP-Interface-5242-Manual-EN.pdf

Thanks, in the meantime Iā€™ve found it in ETS so now configured. Letā€™s see what happens at the next power loss (anyway this might not be a problem anymore as I have connected all my network devices on UPSes).
Itā€™s just a pity that Weinzierl does not want to fix that bugā€¦

Thanks a lot for the information!!! :slight_smile:
I was hoping that an IP interface would require just to connect it to the bus and let it get an IP via DHCPā€¦ I hope I can manage to get the ETS project, as Iā€™m not 100% confident that the installer will share it :-/

Iā€™ve been browsing for second hand IP interfaces, but didnā€™t have much luckā€¦ nothing on ebay except for a brand new 731, more expensive than new :wink:

Iā€™ll wait for a while to see if something appears while I beg for the ETS projectā€¦

In theory this would work without adding it to the project - just assign a free IA to the interface.
But Iā€™d try to get the project to be able to change settings.
If it isnā€™t a huge installation and you hav some time (lockdown :wink: you could also create a new one from scratch and reprogram your devices.

2 Likes

In Eco mode the temperature canā€™t be changed and it is going back to 7 degree for security reasons.

1 Like

Maybe anyone can help me.
As soon as i change the Mode it wont change the temperature. i donā€™t know why that happens and looked at it inside the ETS.

It looks like the state get send before the actual change is made which is weird. Anyone has an idea?

- name: "Wohnzimmer Temperatur test"
  temperature_address: '1/3/14'
  target_temperature_address: '1/3/12'
  target_temperature_state_address: '1/3/13'
  operation_mode_address: '1/3/16'
  operation_mode_state_address: '0/3/3'
  max_temp: 25.0
  min_temp: 7.0

As soon as i do a manual reading of the target_temperature_state_address (1/3/13) it synchronizes again.

I have also observed a bit strange behaviour. When I have configured my AC to use an external sensor for ambient temperature - a sensor exposed by HA to the KNX group address the set temperature was behaving similarly to yours but also sometimes changing the setpoint temperature to a different value:

when I have removed this linkage in ETS and the ambient temperature is taken from internal AC sensor it is back to normal:

Do you also have the ambient temperature taken from the HA exposed sensor?

Na that doesnā€™t look like the problem. All the temperatures are coming from inside knx.

Yoooooo fuck it. I took another look at the parameters for that module. I found the problem but got no clue what problems could occur after changing it.

I can activate/deactivate that the target_temperature_state_address will be send. If i deactivate that option i only see 1 Telegram inside the ETS.

activated
ETS5N_RwIiBjmQHb

deactivated

Hey Jƶrg,

first of all THANK YOU for this guide and the effort you put in here. That helped a lot when starting with KNX & HassIO :slight_smile:

My KNX installation has ~150 GAs that are integrated into Home Assistant. Works well so far, but in order to manage Philipps Hue & Sonos etc. I needed to add a bunch of more switches, automations, scripts for the communication btw. HA and my KNX hardware installed in the rooms.

This makes it quite complicated, esp. because I just need many of these elements just for automation purposes.

In the last months I moved over many of my automations to Node Red. And I am thinking about moving the additional switches etc. also over.

I saw in one of your previous posts that you run Node Red as well. Do you have any QUICK hints to push me into the right direction regarding the setup?

• Whatā€™s your setup with HA & Node Red?
  • What Node Red add-on do you use for KNX?
  • Do you have MQTT in place? Why?

THANK YOU so much in advance.
Ingo

Hi JĆ¼rg and everybody,

I have a customers which need to control his multimedia from knx.

He has a Basalte Deseo switch (Manual)

And can control with following function

Music 1bit On/Off
Volume with slider 1 byte (0-100 or 0-255)
Playing list (8x14 byte text)
Source selection 1 byte (predefined in knx parameters)
And maybe source selection from 14byte text

Cheers

Hi,
And what do you want to achieve with HA? Automatons, scenes or control from UI?
The KNX integration does not have media player device type but you could still implement some automation and more by exposing data to knx bus.

I know that KNX not support a multimedia device. But it can communicate with those data points that I mentioned and are listed in the Manual.

Maybe it can be done in automation; but I need a two way commutation etc. volume control.

Still donā€™t know what you want to do from HA. Automations, scenes or control from UI? Or all of it? You need to know the group addresses for control and status for the device. If you want to have a volume control slider in HA Lovelace UI you can have a slider for an input_number which is exposed to the KNX and a sensor with its status that is updating the input_number if it is changed on KNX side. Similarly, for each of other required features.

No. I use HA as a gateway - cause a have all integration in HA.
Please read the first Message :slightly_smiling_face:

iā€™m in the same boat as adorobis. Donā€™t know what exactly you want to do here/with HA.
Adorobis gave you an example for the volume slider.

What multimedia componets are you using? is it integrated in HA? Are they integrated in KNX? Should HA function as a HUB to speak to all of those things then everything needs to be set up in HA.

After that you could do some automations.

1 Like

Hey Ingo,

im not the one you are asking but i can tell you about my setup real quick.

I do all my automations in Node Red. Using the official Addon of HA. For Node Red i donā€™t use any specific KNX add-on because everything KNX related is already inside HA. That way HA communicates with KNX & the other way around. No other Party involved at the moment.
After updating last week or so i noticed a slight delay in some automations which i need to dig deeper to debug.

Hope that helps you. If you have any questions feel free to ask
Julian

1 Like

Hi there,

Sorry if my description is not well described.

The customer has Russound which are integrated in HA. Same is KNX.
So I thought that I could make a covert sort of thing and be enable to control volume, sources etc. from knx to Russound.

And maybe I want to build same thing at my own place with Sonos.

So if I understand right the Rossound is integrated with HA but at the moment cannot be controlled by KNX? So you want Rossound to respond to whatever action they make on the KNX Basalte Deseo switch?
If that is correct understanding you would need to implement a set of sensors listening to group addresses from the KNX switch and expose a set of statuses of the sound system to the KNX group addresses. In the middle youā€™ll need a set of automations that will be triggered by status change of the KNX sensor and initiate services on the sound system and the other way round - set of automations triggered by status change of sound system (sensors) and expose relevant statuses to KNX group addresses.

1 Like

Thatā€™s correctly. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the customer change the volume in Russound app; the system must update state at knx.

And all the datapoint/ GA are mentioned in my first messages.

@pkvist:
For me this forum is a place to ask for help if I tried, faced problems, tried again and finally got stuck. Reading your question I get the impression that you did not try anything but expect the community to provide a ready-made solution for your task. You not even take the time to fully describe your problem and your set-up. And if I get you right this is for a paying customer? Sorry if I got you wrong (honestly hope I did), but no help from my side for this kind of questions.

2 Likes