KNX Cookbook

Hello,

I have connected my Zehnder Q350 ventilation system to HA via KNX. Unfortunately, I can’t manage to switch the temperature profile.
The instructions say the following:

I tried a sensor with type:pulse because of type 5.010, but I think this is nonsense:

sensor:
##KWL      
    - name: "KWL Temperaturprofil set"
      state_address: 0/3/7
      type: pulse

- name: "KWL Temperaturprofil Status"
      state_address: 0/3/107
      type: pulse

How do I have to proceed so that I can switch the temperature profile with 0,1,2?
Thanks.

Use a select.

1 Like

Thank you!

It looks as if the telegrams arrive correctly on the bus.

Unfortunately, the living room ventilation does not switch to the correct temperature mode. All other functions (levels, boost,…) can be controlled. I thought the fault is the “Temperature profile mode” of the ventilation and tested 0: adaptive and 1: fixed by changing the setting directly on the device. Unfortunately without success. Does somebody has any idea? Are the bus telegrams correct?

Apart from the tunnel address (15.15.241) that is not set properly, it looks fine. I’d recommend to set that in your IP interfaces settings.

Can you change these profiles from ETS? If not, you should probably contact the manufacturer for support.

1 Like

I have connected some consumers (washing machine, ventilation,…) to a KNX current meter. The data is transmitted to home-Assistant. I would like to display the data on the energy dashboard. Unfortunately I cannot find my entity. I also tried the “Statistics Graph” card and I have the same problem.

I’m interested in the daily, weekly… power consumption of the washing machine, for example.

Does anyone have a hint? Thank you

Thank you. I can switch the temperatur profil from KNX-Monitor and it looks like this:

This is the result of switching via ha:

There is no "DPT.
This is my code:

##KWL Temperaturprofil

select:

- name: "KWL Temperaturprofil"

address: 0/3/6

state_address: 0/3/106

payload_length: 0

options:

- option: "normal"

payload: 0

- option: "kalt"

payload: 1

- option: "warm"

payload: 2

Where do I have the mistake?
Thank you!

Here. You are sending this as a DPT 1/2/3 style telegrams. You’d need payload_length: 1.

And you should set your tunnel addresses properly.

1 Like

I’m using an MDT Led-actor to control my light stripes.

Changing the light color in HA, the color is changed and also the brightness ist changed to 100%.

What are my configuration issues?

Try removing brightness_address and it’s state. Or use HSV instead of RGBW.

Colored lights are complex beasts. You’ll have to figure out what works best with your specific actuator / settings.

Removing brightness did work.
Thank you!

Is it possible to create “virtual” KNX thermostats?

I have a device I’d like to use that requires either using its own proprietary thermostat, or a KNX thermostat. I’d like to expose the control & provide temperature readings from within HA. Is it possible to have HA expose the right entities to a KNX system (and fwiw, I don’t presently have a KNX system installed, so I’m not sure what else I’d need to make this work).

It should be possible, depending on what exact data points the device needs.

For Knx to work you’d need an IP interface, a power supply and some cables. That starts at ~220€ new. You’ll also need a software called ETS to provision your devices. Demo is free and works for up to 5 devices.

Will I need ETS to always be running? And will I need to buy something to provision more than 5 devices? I will need to provide 7-9 thermostats to KNX. I’m looking into ETS now.

No, not always running.
Devices are things that have a “individual address” (or more or less a red-black-bus-connector). ETS lite can work with 20 devices and you can get a discount when you do a 30 minute course at knx.org

Here is the manual for the device I want to integrate. On page 15, it lists the object “Zone X - Local temperature”. If I’m understanding correctly, I would just knx.send the desired value to each of the addresses 0/0/30, 0/0/46, and 0/0/62 (as the write addresses from the manual for zones 1-3 local temperature) every minute.

I think that means I only need 1 device per multiple zones, since each of these controllers exposes up to 6 zones, and there’s no device used for an exported themostat.

Does this seem right to you?

Yes, seems correct. You may want to use knx expose from a HA entity instead of knx.send. This will enable responses to read requests.

I think I worked out how I’d get a device into ETS. Here’s the config:

How would I configure an expose? What would be the purpose of read requests?

See HA knx documentation.

When the device restarts it could request the latest state.

You’ll want to add some group addresses. And most of all, read a Knx beginners tutorial - this would exceed the scope of this thread.

this latest update of the knx integration is so good, great work on that one!!!

2 Likes

Hi @Warrender,
do you have any additions not just the temp profile you are using the Zehnder with KNX and could provide some additional Infos?

sash