position_address: '6/3/3'
    position_state_address: '6/2/3'
    angle_address: '6/5/3'
    angle_state_address: '6/4/3'
    travelling_time_up: 35
    travelling_time_down: 35
    invert_position: false
    invert_angle: false

And everything seems to work fine except for this one thing that’s bugging me.

If the blinds are lets say at the 50% position and i want to fully open them using
the up arrow instead of the position slider they start raising, but instead of stopping
at the point when they reach the 0% position they keep sending the signal for the
duration defined in the travelling_time_up parameter.

Has anyone encoutered the same problem and found a way to fix it?

Have you tried the current beta 0.115? There is a major update to knx - including covers.
See https://xknx.io/migration_ha_0115.html

Why is it a problem? If the cover is fully open, why stop it? Doesn’t your actuator handle this?

Thanks for the suggestion i’ll try it as soon as possible.

As for your question, my actuator doesn’t seem to stop when using the arrow buttons it waits the full 35 seconds. This isn’t an issue when i am going from fully opened to fully closed or vice versa.

Yes, but what does that mean? Is the motor still running then? Are there no end switches?

What actuator is it? This behavior should be configurable. Some have this behavior to make sure the blind is really at 0/100% position because everything between is just an assumption based on time.

No the motor has his own controls build in which there previously calibrated to stop when it reaches its endpoints. But the motor doesn’t communicate with the KNX system i have to rely on the actuator for that.

I have a similar system at my home.
It shouldn’t be a problem to have power on the “up”-line when you want them to be fully open. Same for “down”.
Mechanical blind switches (non-knx) work just that way.
If the motor does soft-start and soft-stop by itself the configured times are never really right - especially when you don’t Drive to an endpoint for some movements. Then the calculated position starts to drift, so it’s good practice to always power “up”-line for 100% time to make sure position is 0.

That said this is entirely your actuators job. HA will just send a 1 or 0 to the “movement_long_address”. It should not send a stop signal at all.

2 Likes