KNX Cover Venetian Blind not Tilting Until Fully Closed

Hi ,

I am trying to get the KNX integration of my venetian blinds working properly.

So far I was able to get them moving up and down and also tilting the angle of the blinds to a certain degree.

Unfortunately the Lovelace UI doesn’t allow me to tilt the blind into fully closed state because it simply disables the tilt button when it believes that they are fully closed already. Therefore no more commands are sent to the KNX bus from that point on, leaving my blinds just a little bit open.

Is there a way of calibrating that opened/closed tilting state in Home Assistant?

I’m moving over from OpenHAB and there I can keep pushing that tilt button indefinitely as also on my physical KNX switches (MDT Glastaster II Smart). Right now I keep OpenHAB running next to Home Assistant just to operate the venetian blinds and I would really like to shut it down completely.

Any hints to how I can overcome this problem are much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you :pray:

I think if your knx actuator reports 100% (or 0%) tilt HA will disable the button.
So I guess you should calibrate your actuator - HA doesn’t know about this.
But I don’t have any tiltable blinds so I don’t know really…

Titling via buttons works fine for me. Only the tilting slider in the UI behaves weirdly, but had not had time yet to investigate.

Thanks guys for the feedback! I could really solve this by tweaking the settings of the MDT actuators for my blinds. They just need to know that it actually takes longer than expected until the blinds are fully tilted.

Now it will just take a while to go through all > 20 of my blinds in the ETS to change the settings :sweat_smile:

You can select multiple channels of multiple devices using the same application in ETS to adjust some common setting for all - just ctrl-Click :wink:

I currently use the entities card for my tilting shutters in a KNX installation, but this one to modify the inclination of the blades, opens a command pane to modify the inclination.

I’m looking for a card that would control my tilting shutters, in the same card, with a horizontal slider for adjusting the height of the shutters and another vertical slider for the tilt