KNX device not showing up in entities

Hi there,

I‘m new to HA, usually working with Gira HS. The Alexa integration in HA looks promising so I‘m currently trying to get this work with HA.

I followed the KNX configuration in the documentation and also checked the great cookbook. I‘ve seen the breaking changes to KNX in the last version changelog too.

The HA can connect to the KNX bus. I‘ve checked this by sending some payload to a GA via knx.send.
I can see this action on the bus via ETS group monitor but funny enough the actor does not react on the request. I‘ve just sent a 1 as payload to turn the light on. The request in ETS looks like the one I‘m getting when using the physical sensor connected to that channel on the actor. The only difference is the source address which is 15.15.* in case of HA and 1.0.* in case of my sensor.

Anyway I thought this fact my be useful to you helping me to find a solution to the main issue.

In the configuration.yaml file under knx: I‘ve created one light: device section which contains GA, name and state address.

I‘ve read that if configured so the knx actor channel would come up as an entity in the dashbord. This is not the case.

Am I missing something?

Would be great if someone can help.

Thanks

Christoph

Please provide your whole knx configuration here.
Are you using tunneling or routing? Which device? Any line couplers, routers, filters in between HA and the light actuator?

Hi farmio,

this is the config:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

knx:
  tunneling:
    host: '192.168.1.140'
    port: 3671
    local_ip: '192.168.1.12'
  light:
    - name: 'Deckenlicht Arbeiten'
      address: '0/1/48'
      state_address: '0/4/48'
  • I’m using tunneling.
  • It’s a MDT SCN-IP000.02 interface.
  • No line couplers
  • No routers
  • No filters

What I found is that the GA is configured as 1.001
But the GA monitor shows:

that HA tries to use 5.001.

Thanks,

Christoph

Now it seems that when I change to “switch” it works:

DPT information is not sent to the bus. This is only showing your ETS (.knxproj) defined types.
It’s strange that the entity isn’t created when you use ‘light’. Is there any error in the logs?

Hi farmio,

unfotunately not:

It works with the switch, but I don’t know yet what this means for the further configuration.

Waht I want to achieve is connecting Alexa to KNX and control lights, shutters and more.

Hm… entity creation works fine on my installation. Maybe it’s just a typo or wrong indentation.
Have you changed it back to light and restarted HA? Is it listed in ‘Entwicklerwerkzeuge > Zustände’?

Funny enough it works now! I did what you said. Just changed it back to light.

Could this be a bug? I don’t think it was misspelled before.

Sure. Maybe we’ll never know ¯_(ツ)_/¯