KNX - Door & Homekit

Hi.

I have an door which is connected with the door (no KNX-Modul, but binary sensors and switching actuators).

I have following states & actions (for each an address)

• State - Door open / closed
  • State - Door unlocked / locked
  • Action: Unlock and open Door
  • Action: Lock Door

Note: Unlock and lock are different physical wires and for this also different knx-addresses.

With a cover of device-type “door” I have only the option for either open/closed or unlocked/locked and unlock or lock (which are different addresses). Also for the cover with “door” I can see the “move to a dedicate position” option, which doesn’t make sense in this case. The cover isn’t really made for this. The cover works for a garage door, because it is almost the same as a window cover. But the house entry door is different.

The big issue is, that I need different addresses to perform a lock and unlock and that there are two different states, which would be great in one entity.

I could you use a combination of cover, binary sensor and buttons - but it is not very user friendly. And there there is another problem - I want to see it in HomeKit. Binary sensors and buttons are not showing up in the HomeKit. I know that there are Window- and Door-Elements are available for HomeKit, but I was not able to set them up.

Has anyone an idea to solve this, which will work for HomeKit too?

Phoniex

Hi :wave:!
You can always configure a Template cover - Home Assistant using knx.send service and binary sensor states for non-standard applications like yours.