KNX Hardware

Good day all,

We bought a new house and we are going to renovate it (~170m2). My current home is already very smart and using HA, but in the next one I’d like to add Gira Tastsensor 4 system 55 switches all through the house. As I like the way the KNX switches look and feel. However, I’m still learning about KNX, so I have a few questions.

• Which hardware do you recommend for IP interface? I saw several options including IP routers and IP interfaces. Which one will work best with HA and is still secure?
  • I want to only use the wall switches for HA, so no internal link to any other light or other actuator. Is this possible? I saw in ETS films on Youtube that there is an option to let the switch do ‘nothing’, but will HA still recognize this action?
  • Is it possible to use the build-in temperature and humidity sensor for HA?
  • Any other suggestions / things to take into account?

As we are renovating, everything is still possible and I like to plan/think ahead for maybe future improvements. Also, I know KNX is expensive, so I made a large budget available for this. I want it to be reliable, but not overkill unnecessary expensive.

Thanks for the help and tips,

Douwe

Hi :wave:!
For the interface Id recommend one from Enertex, Weinzierl or Gira. Those are known to work fine and the newer models offer “Knx IP Secure”.

Regarding interface vs. Router I’d search the web - there are tons of forum threads, YT videos etc about that.

Yes. But if you also use Knx actuators it doesn’t really make lots of sense - at least for simple applications (eg. toggle a light).

Sure.