KNX integration and logical grouping within a dashboard

Hi,
I am pretty new to HA, but I have almost migrated all devices from my previous system to HA.
I am struggling with KNX at the moment. I was able to add plenty of KNX group addresses, but the total number of all addresses is quite high. So this will be a very long list of devices.
Is there a way to group them by any configuration parameter within the dashboard. I just noticed that those are grouped by device type (switches, covers, etc…). This is ok, but not sufficient for me. I would like to group them independent from the device type - I would like to group them by floor and room.
Any idea or hint how to achieve this?
thanks
Matthias

I found now the way to modify the area inside of the configuration window. So it seem I can do the group as needed. It is just a lot of manual work. Is there a way to do this directly in the .yaml file?

No, there is not. I’m also not aware of a “batch area assignment” unfortunately.

🧨🐉

Except you are comfortable editing hass-config/.storage/core.entity_registry

thanks for your answer!

Hi, I’m also pretty new to HA and coming from IOBroker. Not sure if I will do a hard switch but going for a closer look into HA for now. I’m also having KNX in my house and looking for the same as you have obviously found out. How can I group Rooms, Floors or Areas of the house to use them on maybe different dashboards? Would be great if you can share it. Thank you very much :smiley: