KNX Integration does what it wants :(

Hello everyone,

I have a strange phenomenon. I have ZigBee ceiling spots in the office that are switched via an MDT KNX switch.

The light is switched on or off completely randomly.
The trigger for switching off is always the MDT switch. But that cannot be the case.
Even in the middle of the night, the light comes on where everyone is asleep.

You can see that the input comes from the 1/1/2 and the office light is switched off.

That was from tonight. No one was in the office at any of the times.

i greate in die configuration.yaml a “light”

and for the back way a event with all addresses:

I come from an IP Symcon installation, when I switch the KNX bus back to IP Symcon I do not have such phenomena.
Fortunately, it’s only the office and not the bedroom where the light comes on in the middle of the night.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Stay healthy. :christmas_tree:

That is not necessary. The light entity takes care of that.

Also *state_address are actively read every hour, which may cause these effects - especially when your state_address is the same as the send address and some group object flags are misconfigured.

thank you @farmio, I have deleted it and will observe the behavior

How does this even work? Is your light controlled by Knx and ZigBee? Or do you just want to control a HA light entity from a Knx switch?

My light is controlled via a KNX switch. There is also a NodeRed automation that sends the status of the lamp back to the KNX bus.

I have just realized that without the “event” I can switch the light from the KNX bus :frowning:

This seems like you are creating loops.
If this light isn’t controlled by a Knx actuator, then do not create a Knx light entity for it.
Instead have a look at Advanced control of any light entity from KNX (state, brightness, dim, temperature, color + states feedback)
or maybe https://youtu.be/O3p3dISvTtI to set up an Automation.