KNX MDT Ip Interface setup

Hi,

I have another problem with getting my mdt KNX Interface to work. I setup everything like mentioned in the mdt manual. I also have a connection to the IP interface via browser.

I added the KNX module to homeAssistant.

Configuration:

what is the default individual address and the multicast group in my case?

The interface (not secured) is setup in ETS:

I added logging but there is no output.

logger:
  default: warn
  logs:
    xknx: debug # sets the level of all loggers
    xknx.log: debug # provides general information (connection, etc.)
    xknx.raw_socket: debug # logs incoming UDP frames in raw hex format
    xknx.knx: debug # logs incoming and outgoing KNX/IP frames at socket level
    xknx.telegram: debug # logs telegrams before they are being processed at

Does anybody could imagine whats wrong?

1 Like

You can leave the multicast, local ip and default IA to its default.

What HA version are you running?

Do you have set up any knx entity in your configuration.yaml ? If so, restart HA and see logs appearing at Open your Home Assistant instance and show your Home Assistant logs.

I have a little KNX demo board which is also using the MDT IP interface. I am also using HA to control the KNX devices and other things from my PC and phone. A few weeks ago I reinstalled HA and tried to setup the KNX connection with the new UI but was not able to.
I then simply added the connection parameters I used in my old HA instance to the configuration.yaml file and it started working. But as much as I remember it told me that one of the parameters is deprecated.
I will check my config tonight and copy the code here.

The problem was that I did not add any device into configuration.yaml.
After adding one entry into configuration.yaml the error disappeared on the knx entity. I left the configuration as “default”. Everything is fine for now. Thanks

These parameters aren’t used anymore as soon as you see the Knx integration in the integration panel.
It’s only used for initial import to ensure backwards compatibility - will be completely removed in summer probably.

Thank you for the information. Will try to change that

Hey, what did you add exactly in the configuration.yaml. I added same entities to a new knx.yaml (with “include” in configuration.yaml) and now I have the same problem with the interface (it worked before).