KNX - Media Player Control 🎶

With this blueprint, you can control any media_player entity via KNX group addresses

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Source: KNX - Media Player Blueprint

Version: 1.0

Requirements

• Working KNX Integration
  • Home Assistant 2024.6.0 or greater
  • A media_player entity (I tested it with Sonos)

Features

• Playback Control (Play/Pause, Forward/Backward)
  • Volume control in percent
  • Volume control stepwise
  • Relative Volume control
  • Song, Album & Artist as Feedback to KNX
  • Up to 8 Scenes to start a Playlist/Radio

Setup
Import the blueprint and create an automation based on it. The only mandatory input is the media_player entity. Besides that, all group addresses are optional and mostly self-explanatory.

For the Volume Control you can use absolute control in percent, stepwise control or relative control. It’s also possible to use all at the same time. With the stepwise control, you can configure how much the volume should be turned up/down with each step. The relative control requires a helper entity for each automation. You can create it directly within the blueprint. Kudos to kalhimeo for his Dimming blueprint, that this function is based on. In KNX, the relative volume control is simply a Push Button configured as Dimmer.

To use scenes, you have to configure a scene group address. Within the blueprint, you configure the scene number and the according Playlist/Radio that you want to start. I could only test this function with SONOS. There, you have to add the playlist/radio to your SONOS favorites to be able to use it. Watch out for typos. I also discovered that only adding the artist doesn’t work. It needs to be a playlist/album. Please don’t hesitate to test it with other systems and provide feedback.

Thank you to farmio for the great KNX integration and the help to create this blueprint

Have fun :v:

Changelog

• V1.0 - Initial Release
3 Likes

To improve the media compatibility of Home Assistant, i can highly recommend Music Assistant. It is designed to do media control and is nicely integrated in Home Assistant.

Yeah it looks pretty cool. But it seems that it has it’s own set of action’s. So I don’t think that it works with my blueprint.