KNX power measurement into energy dashboard

Hi all,
Was someone able to add own device in the energy dashboard where the power was measured via a KNX meter?
I do not have the right parameter that it will be shown there.

Thanks

Don’t mix up power with energy.

If you have a proper DPT type configured you should only need state_class. Here is an example:

knx:
  sensor:
    - name: "Backofen Energie"
      state_address: '2/3/43'
      type: "active_energy"
      state_class: "total_increasing"

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

One other question…
Is it possible to collect from one KNX address multiple sensors like this:

Daily power consumption for Energy Dashboard

• state_address: 1/4/86
    name: “Stromzähler Wärmepumpe”
    sync_state: ini
    type: active_energy
    state_class: total_increasing

Yearly power consumption

• state_address: 1/4/86
    name: “Jahresstromverbrauch Wärmepumpe”
    sync_state: init
    type: active_energy_kwh
    state_class: measurement

Idea is to have on overview for yearly power consumption per device and with the other sensor the data should be available in energy dashboard.

Thanks

No.
If these are individual values, use individual GAs.
If these should be the same value - coming from 1 GO of a Knx device, why would you need 2 entities?

What do you mean with GAs?

I want to have one dashboard where I see the yearly power consumption per device of 12 month.
Beside that I want to add the devices in the Energy Dashboard for a better overview on a daily basis.

Knx Group addresses

Sorry but I still do not know what you mean exactly?
Did you understand my requirement exactly what I am trying to do? :slight_smile:

Thanks

You seem to want to send Telegrams with different DPT to one common group address. That doesn’t work.

No, I expressed myself incorrectly.

I get via KNX MDT actuator the current consumption of every device.
Now, I want to have one dashboard for yearly power consumption.
For my heat pump it would be e.g. ~ 6.000 kWh.

Beside that I want to add this value to the energy dashboard that I am also able to see the daily power usage.
But when I change the sensor type to the values you send:

type: "active_energy"
  state_class: "total_increasing"

… I just see the daily values in my yearly power consumption dashboard.

So I want to two HA sensors (daily power consumption & yearly power consumption) for the same KNX address which reports kWh.

This is denoting the DPT. Changing that doesn’t convert the state, it just assigns how the telegrams are decoded and sets a unit (no conversion).
So if you change that to "active_energy_kWh" you get exactly the same value (because the main DPT is the same - 13) but a different unit (kWh instead of Wh). It has to match the sent data.

Afaic the entity itself should have the state that it receives from the actuator. So its up to the actuator to not reset the value daily. I don’t think that HA does any calculation of the received state on entity level. No matter what state_class you use.

The energy dashboard calculates its daily (or hourly, not sure) value by itself from the deviation of the sensors state.

If this is a total value that is never reset, you can use a template sensor to calculate a value current - value_from_1_1_this_year to show this years value.

You can not define 2 knx sensors with the same GA.