KNX repeated telegrams (not acknowledged)

Hello,

I see a lot of repeated telegrams at the ETS bus monitor for group addresses which have only a sending device and the receiving device should be Home Assistant.
If there are other devices listening on the group address, it seems that the telegram get acknowledged but not if the sensor is only configured in KNX yaml configuration. The sensor retries to send the telegram three times which causes much overhead on the knx bus.

Is there a way to acknowledge telegrams by Home Assistant?
At the documentation I have not found any option for that.

Example config:

knx:
  binary_sensor:
    - name: "Bathroom Door"
      state_address: "1/1/1"
      device_class: door

This group address 1/1/1 is assigned at

• MDT BE-06001.02 (binary sensor)
  • A dummy device (Weinzierl BOAS) to let ETS know about group addresses which have to be used in filter tables and enable to create these. (This device is only added in ETS, can not be configured via ETS because it does not exist physically)

Setup:

• MDT IP Router at basement
  • MDT IP Router at 2nd floor
  • Busware TULP, and KNXD add on at home assistant.
  • The network is configured to have different VLANs for the MDT routers and the home assistant machine to avoid creating a loop between knxd and the MDT routers. This seems to work fine, the issue does not appear on forwarded telegrams or group addresses with multiple KNX devices involved.
  • I had an issue with Omada network and MDT IP Routers in past, that was solved by isolating them in these VLAN and adding the Busware TULP for HA/KNX connection.

Would be great if anybody has an idea how I can reduce the bus traffic by acknowledge telegrams on HA side.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Daxi

Hi :wave:! No, there is not. It would be impossible over IP. This is the interfaces / routers job.

I’d recommend to connect directly to one of the routers instead of using knxd.

Thanks. Restructured it to use the same VLAN at IP Routers and HA. No KNXD anymore. Hope it will be stable this time instead last time using different VLANs.