the current Kostal integration only supports the Kostal Plenticore inverters.
The API of the PIKO IQ is slightly different and the one of the PIKO is completely something new.
I have a working integratino for the PIKO IQ and working on one for somebody for his PIKO inverter.
Now I asked myself if it wouldn’t be worth sharing my work and make it available for everybody. It has no translations and currently the code is still under development. So things may not be that clean
At the moment I have made 2 seperate integrations for each type. But I am not sure if I shall extent the Plenticore extension and the user can choose a device type during setup and and the hood we switch the sensor logic or if it shall be 2 additional integrations. Also I am a little bit worried that this might get a little bit messy.
Does anybody know how this is done for other inverters with different APIs?
What do you think?
BTW that is the current integration: Kostal Plenticore Solar Inverter - Home Assistant
Thanks and with best regards,
For those not interesting in reading the whole thread (I can understand that ;))
- Kostal PIKO inverter: https://github.com/sla89/hassio-kostal-piko
- Kostal PIKO IQ (should also work for Plenticore Plus) inverter: https://github.com/sla89/hassio-kostal-piko-iq
There are other implementations too for
- PIKO: https://github.com/rcasula/kostalpiko-homeassistant
- This one supports the old PIKO inverters that do not expose an API. Therefore the web interface is scrapped directly and exposed as sensors to HA.
- PIKO 10 BA: Kostal Piko 10 BA - Custom Sensor
If you need help integrating one of my repos into your HA instance read on. There are some tips & tricks how to get the energy board working and stuff like that. Also if you need a bug fix or something simply text me.