La Marzocco GS/3 & Linea Mini support

Those aren’t the username and password that you use to log into the LM app. See the help text.

I’m not sure then, because I do not enter any username or password to access the app. Maybe there was a stage where it asks you to login with Google or something and just integrates that way? Maybe I have to try and make an account or something, I will look around, sorry about that

I’m guessing the machine is already logged in and registered via my gmail integration (probably one of those buttons that say to connect with your Google Account) . Am in the user acocunt & profile area and there’s no mention of username nor settings; and it displays my name & email address from Gmail in the Profile banner

I’m guessing there’s no solution in my case other than to logout and manually create a username/password account of some kind?

Yes, you probably need to create an LM account and use that with the integration if you’re currently using one of the SSO options. This is the email/password combo I’m talking about:

I am not sure if there is an easier way of doing this but at the moment I have created a timer that starts running when the binary_sensor.lm005255_brew_active entity value changes from “not-running” to “running” and then stops when it changes back again and resets after 30 seconds. I want to display the time on an Oled screen next to my machine run by an ESP32 using ESPhome.

Would be cool if you could build a timer into the integration that just shows how long the machine has been running for in seconds and then resets after 30 seconds.

I have been trying to get this stopwatch timer to time my shots in Home Assistant for me.

I then want to display the stopwatch on an OLED screen attached to an ESP32 using ESPhome.
Still a work in progress at the moment though.

Hello, new to Home Assistant but I’ve just gotten this great integration to work trough HACS after a bit of fidling and just succesfully turned my machine on and off again :slight_smile:.

I have a Linea Mini and a Lunar 2021 scale. Not the more expensive LM branded one off-course, just the regular vanilla Acaia one :wink:. If I can be of service in testing something let me know.

1 Like

Thanks again for all the hard works guys, greatly appreciated.
I see that there is now a sensor for the shot timer so makes things a lot easier.

Instructions are bad and do not work

There’s no such option as Configurations → Integrations

Clicking the La Marzocco thing after it’s installed just opens up a WIKI page instead of actual configuration screen

Way too confusing

Literally cannot even find the place to enter my username and password because the only thing it wants to do is spam me with its stupid WIKI page full of incorrect instructions. Configuration instructions are completely inaccessible based on the WIKIs direction, I can’t find what its talking about at all

It sounds like this integration isn’t for you, then.

1 Like

Wrong… It’s Settings gear icon, then Devices & Services, then Integrations

Exact response I expected, I’m actually not even surprised

Thanks anyways

Feel free to update the documentation, so you’d understand it and open a PR, helping the next person.

1 Like

Hello, after some experimenting this weekend I added a switch to my Linea Mini. Enter the small Aqura Mini Swith T1 that operates over the Zigbee protocol attached next to the main power switch.

After finding out the ‘T1’ switch isn’t supported yet trough the normal Zigbee implementation in home assistant but does work trough the ‘Zigbee2MQTT’ addon it now controls the ‘main power’ with on/off, with almost instant operation. Thus, when the machine is off pressing the switch does the same thing as moving the paddle to the left. But when it is on it switches the machine back in standby. Something for which you normally need to enter the app. The lack of a switch for simply doing this always annoyed me, but is understandble if you consider that the LMLM was originally not a connected machine: mine is actually a retrofitted one. The button also supports actions linked to double pressing or long presses. I’m thinking what might be good actions for that. Maybe starting the backflush or turning preinfusion on or off.

Anyone connected with the Linea Micra yet? Unfortunately neither ID / Secret combo worked. May be a network issue? but HAOS can ping the machine. Might have to try my hand at sniffing when I get the down time.

People definitely have it working with the Micra. Maybe a network issue?

Sorted. PiHole issue. This is stellar guys thanks!

I got the Shot-timer working using a Lilygo T-Display using ESPHome to display the shot timer on the screen. I initially had some issues with the screen only refreshing every ±5 seconds but this all seems to be working relatively smoothly now.

Used the code:

esphome:
name: shottimer
platform: ESP32
board: esp32dev

globals:

• id: shot_timer_value
    type: std::string
    restore_value: no
    initial_value: “"Waiting for data…"” # Corrected initial value

wifi:
ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
password: !secret wifi_password
ap:
ssid: “Shottimer Fallback Hotspot”
password: “njGkCXzWrtzB”

captive_portal:

logger:

api:
encryption:
key: “TCzhj74WKZt7388JaEXKW8s8NWljVEFXQeJqYgQZjNY=”

ota:
password: “443650cb0660497a86d2ec3573fc781d”

spi:
clk_pin: GPIO18
mosi_pin: GPIO19

display:

• platform: st7789v
    id: shottimer_display
    model: TTGO TDisplay 135x240
    backlight_pin: GPIO4
    cs_pin: GPIO5
    dc_pin: GPIO16
    reset_pin: GPIO23
    rotation: 90
    lambda: |-
    it.printf(0, 0, id(font1), “Shot Timer: %s”, id(shot_timer_value).c_str());

font:

• file: “gfonts://Roboto”
    id: font1
    size: 35

text_sensor:

• platform: homeassistant
    id: shot_timer_sensor
    entity_id: sensor.lm005255_shot_timer
    on_value:
    then:
    - lambda: |-
    id(shot_timer_value) = x;
    id(shottimer_display).update();

You also need to add the Shot Timer sensor as a text sensor in you Home Assistant configuration.yaml file:

text_sensor:

• platform: homeassistant
    id: shot_timer_sensor
    entity_id: sensor.lm005255_shot_timer
    update_interval: 1s

Would be pretty cool if we could adjust the boiler temp using the ESP32 but I don’t see that as an option in the sensors

Maybe try using the paid for integration for La Marzocco into home assistant, oh wait!!