LAB3D / zigbee switch integration

I bought this switch from LAB3D (LAB3D Zigbee Tryk -ST - LAB3D) and it looks great for applicatiosn in Denmark at least. I find in the Zigbee2mqtt teh switch as a GreenPower on/off switch. It comes up with 2 entities in the mosquito broker - a linkquality and a switch action. when i add the linkquality to the lovelace it just shows unknown in status - and i cant seem to get any further. i understand this switch might not be supported “out of the box” like a hue switch is - however it shows in zigbee2mqtt as supported.

i am a little stuck here. any good ideas? it has 4 bottoms. what i wanted was on/off and dim up/down for long pushed on the 2 bottoms - and the last to the same - but for a different lightbulb. Lightbulbs are wifi and integrated allready in HA and works fine there.

Dennis

You can start drafting your automation and when you choose Device as a trigger you can see what actions are available on a drop-down list in UI. If this switch is supported you will have few options to choose from and then you can decide on what action to execute on a specific button press. Below is the "arrow_left_click" action available in HA for Ikea Styrbar device. Other option would be to listen to MQTT and set is as a trigger (Trigger type and then MQTT). But you need to know what is published on a button press.

Thanks, but the only device i can pull up in automation is “linkquality” for this swich. No other actions. the same goes for the entitiy. besides, the linkquality is “unknown” - so it seems like it pairs but it does not really work?

anyone has any experience with these switches - or how to make new switches known in the system somehow?

Dennis

1 Like

Zigbee2mqtt page says that Green Power devices need “translator” like Philips hue to work. Have you read this information?

No, i did not. where can i fint this information? do you have a link?

Dennis

1 Like

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/ZLGP17_ZLGP18.html#green-power

I have now gotten and installed a Philips Hue E14 lightbulb. It works fine via HA and Zigbee2mqtt.

However - what to do wiht this lightswitch based on greenpower to make it work? i dont see anything different after i added the lightbulb - no new nor working features in HA or the zigbee2mqtt plugin.

what am i missing here?

Dennis

Does nothing happen when you push any button on the switch in either “Exposes” or “State” tabs? Are there no new actions when you try to create automation?

Tools like MQTT Explorer can help you easily see what is published in mqtt topics when you use zigbee devices. If nothing gets published on button presses, then I do not know how to handle this switch.

No, nothing happens on exposes nor state when i push the bottoms.

I just find the switch the same Way - with or without hue lightbulb - and it does not reveal anything whatsoever.

Dennis

Perhaps you need to seek help directly on github

I have tried to get these to pair with ZHA, never succeeded.

I have a HUE bridge connected to HA anyway, hence, I connect them using this. It work perfectly. Created a small blueprint triggering on the events, works every time.

They are looking nice and similar to the Danish standard switches. I place then directly on the wall using double sided tape. Nobody can see the difference.

So with a hue bridge, you can make it work in HA with non hue devices?

that could be the solution for me then. they do look nice - and my girlfriend dont like that the lights allover can only be controlled with voice or an app. she wants a normal, good old fashioned switch.

Dennis

Yes, I connect the switches to the Hue bridge, using the Hue app. I have connected HA and Hue with the standard integration, very easy if they are on a same network. The switches show up in HA as devices with no entities.

When pressed they generate events, which can be used to trigger whatever in HA with normal automations. It is a normal hue-event to use as trigger in a automation. For each button you get “button pressed” and “button release” events.

As mentioned I have generated a blueprint to make it easy, whoever not needed.

My use case is the same as yours, ensure easy control of the lights, with switches looking exactly as the 220v switches in DK.

Can you elaborate on how you did this? I have one LAB3D connected via zigbee2mqtt through an IKEA bulb. It shows up correctly in HA, but i doesnt seem to do anything using expose or when i try to create an animation using it as a trigger. Is it possible for you to share your blueprint?

Hi Rasmus, Nice it can pair with Z2M and shows up in HA. If should then trigger som events, which you in HA can assign as triggers in automations. If you open the device in HA, there on the left side is a box called automation, press the “+” and chose the trigger. The automation should then trigger on this.

As mentioned I connect the LAB3D using the Hue hub, hence the switch shows up as a Hue Integration devices and not a Z2M. My blueprint will not trigger on Z2M at all.

Here is the link to the blueprint for inspiration if you go for creating a Z2M version.