LCN - Cover/Shutter

Hi Everyone,

i seem to be doing something wrong. I am trying to setup the Shutter/Covers.

First i tried unsing switches:

switches: 
      - name: Rolladen Arbeitszimmer
        address: myLCN.s0.m10
        output: relay1

which seemed to work at random…

Then i switched to covers

covers:
        motor: motor1

This accutally workd 100% of the time but only for shutting/closing the shutter. Open wont work. When i Trigger the open command via LCN Pro or the Button on a GT12 they go back up and the Butten i created actually flips to an arrow up action. I think this indicates that it recognized the command … but why does it not trigger it ?

In LCN the configuration looks like this:

rolladen

rolladen2

rolladen3

does anyone have a clue of what to do ?

Hi @Shadowstrider,
first of all the LCN-Pro command “motor position” you used in your second screenshot requires a LCN-BS4 connected to the motors. Absolute motor positioning (e.g. go to position 75% open) is not implemented in the LCN cover component and the corresponding PCHK commands are not recognized.
However, if you don’t use a LCN-BS4, the command to use in LCN Pro is the “motor/Shutter” command. Otherwise the bus monitor will show you error messages when sending a down command.
I tested the covers using that command and everything worked as expected.

Implementing the absolute position control (using LCN-BS4s) does not seem to be a big deal. But as I do not own a LCN-BS4 I am not able to test it. So I never put work into it. :worried:

hm, can you sent me any example of how the code should look like ?

The motor within the Shutter is configured to stop when closed or fully open. Not sure on what to do now.

I have no BS4 in my setup.

I would be happy with up and down functionallity for now.

Maybe as an addition. The Shutter Motors are connect to different relays. This works fine from LCN side. They go up and down.

The LCN cover uses the exact wiring as it is given in the documentation for the R8H/R4M2H. One relay is for the motor current, the second relay for the direction.
If your wiring differs from the documentation you might have a look at the template cover component. Here you have to define a switch for each LCN relay. After that they can be used in the template cover as you like. But the configuration might be quite complicated.

I do not think it differs. Relay one if for power on/off, releay2 for up/down…

Theoretical i would need to give the two releasys to the output … ist that even possible ?

switches:
output: relay1, relay2

– just tried it does not

I just took a look at what the bus monitor tells me:

14:51:18:915 - M045 → M010 Relays: 1 1 - - - - - -
14:51:19:101 - M010 Relays: 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 This triggers shutter down (1 1)
14:51:20:795 - M045 → M010 Relays: 1 0 - - - - - -
14:51:21:107 - M010 Relays: 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 This triggers shutter up (1 0)

The config should look something like this:

covers:

Then relays 1 and 2 are used.
Your bus monitor messages look good.
Which HASS Version do you use? There were a couple of changes in the cover component in the last weeks.

Could you also post a screenshot of your frontend cover switch, please. Just to be sure we talk about the same things.
I again tested the configuration and it works on my side.

This is exactly how it looks (see my first post). But the covers only go down and not up again. :confused:

Using Home Assistant 0.111.4

Does the bus monitor show the same messages for open and close if you trigger the cover from the frontend?

yes same command

Here is a screen of the cover

rolladen4

Ok, got it.
The problem here is that you want to control the cover with a single button and the toggle action. Unfortunately the usual toggle behavior is that the cover only toggles if it is in a full open or closed state. Using LCN (without BS4) we only know that after a move action the cover is opening/closing but we do not know if it is fully open or closed. However, it is assumed that if the cover stops the next time (for example by the internal time limit switch of 140secs) the cover will be in a full open or closed state. After this time interval the toggle action should work again. Maybe not an acceptable behavior. :wink:

Ok, on my side I will have a look into the LCN cover platform if it is possible to redefine the toggle method to a more useful behavior. But this might take time until the PR is accepted.

Until then you could use another Lovelace card instead of the button card in your Lovelace view. Unfortunately there is no specific card in Lovelace for covers. An easy way here would be to add a new Entities-card to your Lovelace view and select your covers as entities.

1 Like

you are my hero. This works perfect :slight_smile: and i do not even have to change the layout beause it is that easy to use :slight_smile:

see:

rollade6

1 Like

Hi,
How can i use cover with umr, can you give me example please?

The UMR uses two 230V output ports which are mutually interlocked.
It should work configuring the LCN cover platform using the outputs port.

Example:

lcn:
  covers:
    - name: Living room cover
      address: myhome.s0.m7
      motor: outputs

Note that your hardware covers/shutters have to be exactly wired as given in the UMR documentation!

this thread is a little bit older, but probably somebody is having the same issue: The LCN-UMR is working but it looks like you have to add the reverse time command, otherwise the up an down funktion is not working correctly.

covers:
    # Rollos Buero
    - name: Rollos Buero
      address: myhome.s0.m62
      motor: outputs
      reverse_time: rt70

Maybe someboddy is able to help with another question: The up and down wires of my lcn modules are wired incorrectly and cant be chanced easily: up is down and down is up. Is there an option to chance the icons in the lovelance board so that up is down and down is up?

Thanks for your work till now. I’m comming from IP Symcon and now I want to switch to HA.
In my configruation.yaml I inserted the following lines:
lcn:
connections:
- name: myLCN
host: 192.168.1.123
port: 4114
username: abc
password: def

lights:
- name: Garage Licht
address: myLCN.s0.m5
output: output1

covers:
- name: KG Büro Straßenseite
address: myhome.s0.m7

So ligths are fine but the covers-section does not work. There are relays (R8H/R4M2H) without BS4 on the modules. It’d great if that would work and for sure the best would it be, if it shows withoud BS4 also the percentage like on IP-Symcon.

Is there an option?

Hi Patrick,

mine worked with this:

covers:
  - name: Rolladen BAD
    address: myLCN.s0.m5
    motor: motor2

x

maybe the wrong motor?

BTW also moved from IP-Symcon years back.

hopefully no mistake

lcn:
connections:
- name: myLCN
host: 192.168.1.123
port: 4114
username: abc
password: def