LD2410 esphome tips

Sorry if I missed this somehow, but has anyone been able to work out how to do Zones? Similar to the Aqara Presence Sensor FP2?

I was thinking of using <150cm or >150cm value templates. But just wanted to see if anyone had anything better set up?

Thanks

I had a the same issue and mine was due to a poor connection.

If anyone is interested, my issue from above was infact caused by reflections in the case. A change in case design to move the sensor as close as possible to the front and reduce thickness to 0.5mm fixed my issues.

For this night light I used some LED strip trimmings. 10 SK6812 LEDs are brighter then required. Hooked up to HA so it only turns after the kids are in bed when I don’t want the main light on. Color temp is controlled with Adaptive Lighting.

Hi you were totally right, i changed the cables, all 4, with new ones, and everthing is working again like a charm.
Thanks

Is there a version for a normal nodemcu Esp32?

There is a new firmware for ld2410b version 2.18 from 26.10. I upgraded firmware and this doesnt work or works very poorly with my ld2410b. Detection distance is up to 1 meter.
Working firmware is 2.04.

I tried updating to the latest firmware as well and it defaults to the gate distance of 0.2m instead of 0.75m which shortens its working range. Changing it to 0.75m restored the range but it was not consistent in detecting movement and did not work with the HA integration as the HA setting would not apply to the LD2410C so I have also reverted to 2.04 which works very well for me.

1 Like

This seems to be quite a nuisance and we’re sending it back to the hilink developers to see if there’s anything new.

From ios, this version seems to have mysteriously removed again .

The response from the developers was:

Did you upgrade the test firmware on the App? The customer is advised not to just upgrade the firmware on the App, if there is a problem after upgrading. Suggest to upgrade back again
This version is a customized firmware for specific customers and application scenarios, which was inadvertently updated to the platform. A meeting has been held with the engineers and it has been taken down

hilink claimed that in the future it would ensure that such a situation would be avoided.

hi, how can i upgrade the firmware of an normal ld2410 and not the blutooth version?

1 Like

AFAIK There’s no way to do it

Does having the LD2410 Kit change anything when connecting it to esp32 board. I can’t see what adding functionality the Kit affords, bar the power.

Isn’t it possible to connect module to a PC via uart adapter and update via windows pc app…?
Although i don’t see much reason to buy a non-bt version… it’s needed to make any settings, adjustments… sure, these settings can be changed via esphome, but there you can’t see any graphs which are essential for making a good settings.

i already tried that some time ago but the PC app (from maybe 2 or 3 months ago) didnt provide the option to update the firmware

@anon66319504 @HLK-Annie @HLK-Stella can you provide a bit more info on the ranges? I’ve calculated that if the 2410C has a 60º degree angle and it’s at 2.5m in the ceiling it will be around 2.88m of detection range. Is this accurate? What about other sensors like the 2411S? It would be great to have that info on your website!

1 Like

I think the test kit just allows easy connection for power to the LD2410 and for testing to connect to your PC.

It doesn’t change the functions of the LD2410 sensor. I believe connecting the LD2410 to an ESP32 works the best as you can then use wifi and no longer restricted to the limited Bluetooth range or the need for Bluetooth proxies. It also provides better integration with HA allowing you to change all the gate settings and configurations from the HA integration and not having to use the HLKRadarTool app.

Hm…unless i’m missing something then only thing kit has extra is power supply, nothing more. Module (no kit) has also possibility to be connected to esp and controlled via HA. But, as i said above: main thing is missing in that case: diagrams, which are essential for good calibration of the sensor. That’s why i don’t see any practical use in controlling LD2410 via esphome (unless diagrams could be in some way implemented in esphome)… i have them connected to esp, yes, but only for triggering, while i change parameters via BT and app, so that i see diagrams when i do that. Calibrating via esphome is just “trial and error” system: change, wait if it’s ok, change again, wait again…

I dont understand what do you mean by diagram but in esphome you can add engineering mode, move and still energy measurement. You can basically get the same functionality in esphome as you get in app. You can see move and still values in real time and adjust your sensor sensitivity to suit your needs. For me using esphome seems a bit better as I don’t need to set up bluetooth nor I need bluetooth dongle. All data are sent over wifi.
Down side is trail and error with yaml file till you find config that works the best with your board.

See my post earlier in this thread. I have put together some charts using Plotly graphs which gives you close to real time (there is a slight delay) graph like in the HLKRadarTool app:

I agree. Viewing angle of the sensor is 60 percent as I know. You can even roughly test this if you move yourself more than 30 percent left or right of the viewing angle of the sensor. It will not detect presence.