Learning infrared codes of Ziggo/UPC mediabox XL/Horizon

Hello,

Today I’ve received my Broadlink RM mini 3. I soon started capturing all of the IR-commands for my remotes. Unfortunately I’ve found out that the remote control of my Ziggo/UPC Mediabox XL (Samsung SMT-G7401) does not send IR-signals, but instead uses RF. During my Google searches I’ve found several indications that the Mediabox XL does accept IR-commands:

My question is as follows:
Is there anybody who had any luck finding the IR-codes for the Ziggo Mediabox XL, of can help me in some way to find them?

Thanx in advance!

I’m still looking for a solution for this one. Anybody has any experience with the Ziggo/UPC mediabox XL infrared? Your help would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi jantinus,
I hope you are still looking for the codes. I was searching the web for the same codes.

with some work I’ve managed to find almost all the base64 IR code’s to control the Horizon Mediabox XL. If I find more, I will edit this post.

Power: JgBQAIqWDRQNFA0UDhINNA40DRMNFQsWDDQNFAw2DBQNNA0UDRUMlg0UDTUMFA00DhMMFQ0TDRQNFQ4SDjMNFA4TDDQOEwwVDDUNNQ01DDQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

Channel UP:
JgBQAIuVDhMOEw4SDhMOMw40DhIPEwwUDTQNFA00DRQNNA4TDRQOlQ4TDTQOEw4zDjQNNA0UDRMOEw8yDxIONA00DjMNNQ4zDxIOEwwUDjMPAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

Channel DOWN:
JgBQAImXDxIOEw0UDRMNNQ00DxINEw4UDDQOEw4zDxINNQ4TDRMOlQ8SDjMOEw4zDxIOEw00DhMNFA4zDhMOMw4TDjMPMg8zDhIOEw0UDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

UP:
JgBQAIqXDhIOEw4TDRQOMw4zDRQOFAoVDjQOEg40DhMOMw4TDhIOlg8RDjQOEg40DjMOMxARDhMOEw4SDzMNFA4zDjMPMg40DRMONA4zDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

DOWN:
JgBQAIuWDhMOEw4SDhQLNQ8zDxEOEw4TDjMNFA00DRQNNA8SDhMNlg0UDjMOEw4zDhMOEw00DRQOEg8SDTQOEw4TDTQOMw8zDhMNNA4zDjQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

LEFT:
JgBQAIqWDRQNFA0UDBQOMw8zDxEPEhARDTQOFAw0DhMNNA8TCxUOlQ4TDjMOEw00DjQOEg40DRQNFAsVDjMOEw4zDhMOMw40DRMONA4zDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

RIGHT:
JgBQAIqWDxIOEw0UDRMONA00DhMOEg4TDjMOFAw0DxIOMw4VChcKlw4TDjMOEw4zDhMNNA8zDRQOEwsVDTQPEg0UDhIONA4zDRQNNA00DzMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

OK:
JgBQAIuVDhMNFA4TDRMONA00DhMNEw4TDTQPEg00DhMNNQ4SDhQMlg8SDjMPEg40DjMOMw40DhIOEw4TDTQNFA4zDjMPEg00DxINNQ8yDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

BACK:
JgBQAIuVDxINFA0UDRMONA8yDhMNEw4TDjMOFA0zDxINNQ0TDhMOlQ4TDjMOEw4zDhQMNA4TDhMOEw4SDjQPEQ4TDhMOEg4TDjMONA4zDTQOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

MENU:
JgBQAIuVDhINFA0TDRQNMw4zDRQNEw0UDTMOEw00DRMOMw0TDhMNlg0TDTQNFA0zDjMOEw0TDRMOEw0TDTQNFA0zDhMNEw0UDTQNMw4zDjMNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

TVGUIDE, “TV GIDS” on remote:
Doesn’t seem to have an IR code, make a script in HA that presses MENU and than press OK with a little delay. This will lead you to the TV GUIDE menu.

1:
JgBQAIuVDxIOEw0TDhMOMw8zDRMPEg0UDTQOEw4zDxMMNA0UDhMNlg0UDTQOEw00DhMNFA0UDDUPEQ4TDjMOEw0UDjMOEw8yDRQPMg40DjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

2:
JgBQAIqVDhMNEw4TDRMOMw4zDhIPEg0TDjMOEw0zDhMNNA4SDxEOlQ4TDjMOEg4zDjMOEg8SDTQOEg4SDjMOEw4zDhIOEg4zDhMOMw4yDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

3:
JgBQAIqWDhINFA0TDRQNMw4zDhMNEw0UDTMOEw01DRINNA8RDhMNlg4TDTMOEw0zDhMNNA0TDTQOEg4TDTQNEw4SDhMOEg4zDhMNMw4zDjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

4:
JgBQAIqWDhMOEg0UDRMNNA4zDhINFA0TDjMOEg4zDhIPMg4TDRMOlQ8SDjIPEww0DjMOMg4TDTQOEg4TDTMOEw4zDTQOMg4TDhMMNA4zDjMPAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

5:
JgBQAIqVDxINEw0UDRMNNA4zDxENFA4TCzUOEw4yDhMOMw0TDhMMlg4TDjMNEw00DhMMFQw0DjMNEw4SDTQOFAwTDjMNNA0TDRQOMw0zDTQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

6:
JgBQAIuVDhQLFQwUDRMNNA4zDxENFA0UCzUOEw0zDhMOMw0TDRQNlQ4TDjMOEws1DjMNEw00DTQNEw0UDTQOEg4zDRQMNA0UDRMNNA4zDTQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

7:
JgBQAIqXDRIOFA4RDRQOMw0zDhMOEg0UDjIOEw4zDRMOMw4SDRQNlg4SDjMOEw0zDhMNNA8yDjIOEw8SDDQNFA4SDRMOMw4TDhIOMw4zDjMNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

8:
JgBQAIqXCRYJGAwUDRUJNww1CRgLFAwWCDgNEg02CRcJNw0UCxYLlw0TCDoLFQw1CTgJNg41CDgNFAsWCTgIGQk2DDYLFA0UDBcINwk4CjcLAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

9:
JgBQAImYDRMOEw0TDRQNNA00DRMMFA0UDDUMEw40DBQOMw0UDRMMlw0UDDQOEw00DBMNFQ0TDBQNNA0TDjQNEw0TDTQNFAwUDRMOMw0zDjQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

0:
JgBQAImXDRQNEw0TDRQNNAw1DRMNFA0SEDEOEww0DhMOMw0UDRMMlg4UDTMNEww2DDUMFA0TDBUMNQwUDTQNEw00DRQNEwwVDRMMNgs1DTQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

PLAY/PAUZE:
JgBQAIyUDhINFA0TDRQNMw4zDhMOEg0UDzEOEw8yDhIOMw4SDhMNlg4SDjMOEw0zDjMOMw4TDRMPMg4SDTQOEg4zDjMOMw4zDjMOEg00DjMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

STOP:
JgBQAIiXDhMMFA0UDRQNMw4zDRMOEwwUDTQOEww0DRUNMw0UDBQNlg0UCzUNEw00DRQMFQs1DBUMNA4TDDUMEw0UDzINNA00DTMNFA00DjMNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

FORWARD:
JgBQAIqWDhIOEw0TDRQNNA0zDhMNEw0UDTQNEw4zDhINNA4TDRMOlQ4SDjMOEw4yDhMNEw0UDRMNFA0zDhMOMw4SDTQOEg4TDTQOEg0UDTMOAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

BACKWARD:
JgBQAIuVDhIOEw0UDBQMNA4zDxEPEg0TDTQOEw4yDxIOMw0TDRQOlA8SDjMNEw4zDTQNEw4TDRMOEw0zDhMOMw4zDhIOEw0TDjMPEQ4UDDMPAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

REC, red button on remote:
JgBQAIqWDRQNEwwVDRMNNA00DhIMFQ0TDTQNEw00DRQNMw0UDRMNlg4TDTQNEww1DRMNNA0TDhMNNA0TDTQNEw0UDRMNFA0TDRQNNA0zDTQNAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=

1 Like

Hi Luke,

Thank you so much for the codes. I’ve tested them and they work! How did you find them?

Hi!

I have a samsung smart-tv that has some build in universal remote capabilities. I was able to control my Horizon box with the same remote as my tv. I knew from trial and error the tv worked on RF & IR signals but the universal remote part worked on IR only.

While my horizonbox is off and the tv is on it displays a screen that the tv cant find an input. If you press OK on the tv remote at that point. It will try to turn on the device it knows is connected to that HDMI port.

The following program can put your Broadlink device into discover mode: Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

While in discover mode I pressed the OK button mentioned before, assuming that one is RF. Nothing happened for like 10 seconds, then as soon as the tv turned on the box the discover program found a signal!

This was all for the power button, the CH+ and CH- was just pressing them on the samsung remote while that program is in discover mode since the samsung remote just sends out that signal because it knows that the horizon-box is active.

I might also be able to find 0-9 button codes, I’ll edit my previous post if so.

I see! Unfortunately my Samsung doesn’t have these capabilities. Would it also be possible for you to find the d-pad + menu + back buttons? thanx in advance!

Found them all! I’m now editing my first post. Let me know if they work.
I also found the 1 and 2 button. The rest is following

Hi! I’ve found this post after much digging through the web. Can these codes be transformed to LIRC? I’ve been searching without luck for days