Learning infrared codes of Ziggo/UPC mediabox XL/Horizon

Hi!

I have a samsung smart-tv that has some build in universal remote capabilities. I was able to control my Horizon box with the same remote as my tv. I knew from trial and error the tv worked on RF & IR signals but the universal remote part worked on IR only.

While my horizonbox is off and the tv is on it displays a screen that the tv cant find an input. If you press OK on the tv remote at that point. It will try to turn on the device it knows is connected to that HDMI port.

The following program can put your Broadlink device into discover mode: Broadlink Manager - Nicer way to Learn and Send IR/RF commands

While in discover mode I pressed the OK button mentioned before, assuming that one is RF. Nothing happened for like 10 seconds, then as soon as the tv turned on the box the discover program found a signal!

This was all for the power button, the CH+ and CH- was just pressing them on the samsung remote while that program is in discover mode since the samsung remote just sends out that signal because it knows that the horizon-box is active.

I might also be able to find 0-9 button codes, I’ll edit my previous post if so.