"LED Light bulb" with Magic Home app" integration?

Hi @lostprophet, as stated in the merge request itself, this only supports the LB1 RGB bulbs. Someone did propose some changes to include non-RGB LB1 lights. Maybe you could use their changes locally to ensure support for non-RGB LB1.

ok, my bad then - I did not read the part with only RGB - can you please point me in the direction for non-RGB bulb?

Thank you very much.

Ok, so, by editing the light.py and commenting all of the attributes regarding hs_color/color_temp I managed to get the entity to be created and to turn it on/off from HA.

The issue now is how to add the rest of 3 bulbs? As if I try to normal Integrations - Broadlink … - it keeps stating that Connection Failed. I do not think that this relates to the bulb being RGB or not.

Any ideas?

they are suggestions by marcotullomatos on the pull request here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/50953
as they are suggestions, it’s not easy to pull, but you can apply his suggestions. As for why the bulbs don’t seem to be added automatically, I have no idea. If the bulbs are unlocked using the broadlink app (and you can control them using the python script), it should all be working. My implementation is only an added interface on top of the already existing broadlink integration (which is on top of the broadlink library). I didn’t change anything to the auto-adding process so I can’t really help you there. Sorry

I checked again and in the Broadlink App I have all 4 of them - I can control them from here - unblocked all of them from the app.
Then when i try to add them using the Broadlink integration - it states that"

Logger: custom_components.broadlink.config_flow
Source: custom_components/broadlink/config_flow.py:130
Integration: Broadlink
First occurred: 3:12:01 PM (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:43:49 PM

Failed to connect to the device at xxx.xx.xxx.87: Device not found
    Failed to connect to the device at xxx.xxx.xxx.86: Device not found
    Failed to connect to the device at xxx.xxx.xxx.84: Device not found

I am trying to replicate those instructions to see if something changes.

congratulation for your success adding the light.
can you plz provide us with the light.py after commenting the attributes.
I have tried to do so with no progress.
thanks for your help

Hi @Mohammed_Abubakr , I cannot attach it here. If you have a share where I can upload it, I can send it to you.
The issue that I have now is that I have 4 bulbs, I added sequentially all of them, but only 1 works at a time, not all of them at once.

I have 4 pieces also and I think I will face the same situation trying to add the other 3 bulbs once I have the first bulb working .
Did you try to remove the integration and add it again so Hass can detected them all at once?
or add them with the Mac address>
regarding the light.py file if you can send it to mail or share it through google drive that would be appreciated.
mine is [email protected]
many thanks

I have sent you the file by email.

@lostprophet
Thank you very much it worked.
I tried to add the second Bulb and Hass asked me to configure it and remove the lock from the Broadlink app once I did the second Bulb showed up.
here is what happened I removed the first Bulb from electricity then connect the second one and it is configured (I hope this works for you too). not sure this helped or its just a matter of luck.
If you wanna ask me anything just tell me.
thanks again

Hi, can you share the solution with me? You can put the code in a gists on github, so it would be public for other members, follow the link: https://gist.github.com/

Hi,
Sure, here it is: light.py modified file for Broadlink LB1 no-colour · GitHub

The only issue is that what I have done is commented what refers to the color mode. That’s not a real solve, that’s a temporary workaround. Also, it seems that work needs to be done to the wrapper itself - as if you have multiple bulbs (as in my case - 4) it only communicates with one at a time - at least in my case.

1 Like

It worked! The only problem is that if you turn the lamp on or off through the app, the entity in the home assistant doesn’t update.

Ok, I have not tried to use the Broadlink app, both with HA, but I will try it to see if it does the same here. Also, have you tried to add more than 1? Do they both work?

It didn’t work, if you link the lamp to the magic home app, it stops working in the home assistant.

Have you tried adding more than 1 bulb in HA? And if so, did they both work at the same time, or 1 was working and 1 had connection errors (as in my case)?

Yes, not working!

Unfortunately, until they release the update for the 2 classes - non-RGB and RGB - for the Broadlink Lights, I do not think there is much we can do.
Hopefully this will be in the next release - hopefully.

1 Like

@L_I_Am, was your work merged? I am still running it as a custom component :slight_smile:

there have been some changes to make it compatible with RGB and non-RGB light bulbs, but it is now approved by an active contributor of Home Assistant and marked to be merged in the near future. I hope it will be included in the next release of Home Assistant, and will keep this thread up-to-date when actually released!

Hi Guys,

I am newbie to HA just started using HA for a couple of days now. Got my new RPi4 and proceed installing HA and its currently working. I have couples of IoT units and automation in my home using Alexa or Google Assistant. I got interested to learn more about HA integration and automation. Now this is my 1st challenge. I have 2 smart bulbs by MagicHome. They automate flawlessly using timers /scene via SmartLife apps. I edit my yaml config using the following parameters below.
yaml file Upon reboot , both smart bulb were identified, but unavailable.
Appreciate anyone could help me. Thanks in advance
image Error Message 2 yaml file