"LED Light bulb" with Magic Home app" integration?

Support for these should be better in 2021.11

You can pull down the code thats in dev here:

It’s now merged and in the 2021.11 release! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m testing the new Flux/Magic Home integration (I’m on 2021.11) but it doesn’t seem to connect to my bulb when entering its IP (192.168.1.108). It just throws a “Failed to connect” error, but nothing on core logs/supervisor. If I leave the host field blank, discovery doesn’t work either, it says that no device has been found

For reference, the box it came in was similar to the OP’s and I am able to control it via the Magic Home and/or the Google Home apps.

IP is correct, I checked pinging it and it fails when I cut the power to the bulb.

I opened it and it has a BroadLink chip (see attached pic).

Thanks in advance

it’s not using the flux/magic home integration, it’s using the broadlink integration. I think the main problem for you is that the light is not unlocked, normally the broadlink integration should tell you but I guess something went wrong. you can easily unlock it by downloading the “Broadlink” application on Android or iOS. Then try to add it to that application and you’ll see that the last step fails. This is ok, the device is now unlocked and home assistant should find it and let you set it up. The broadlink integration is using the python library for broadlink: GitHub - mjg59/python-broadlink: Python module for controlling Broadlink RM2/3 (Pro) remote controls, A1 sensor platforms and SP2/3 smartplugs
You should also be able to access the light bulb straight in there, the home assistant integration is purely making use of this library

Hi! It worked for me as follows: 1- Put the lamp in breathing mode (reset) 2 - Using the Magic Home application register your wi-fi and wait for the lamp to stop flashing. Don’t put the name on the lamp, stop the process here. 3 - Open Homeassistant and the lamp should have been recognized by the system. This way the lamp cannot be added to the application, as it will block her access to Homeassistant.

5 Likes

Hi @L_I_Am , thanks for your contribution.
I’m now able to control my Broadlink LB1 (0x60c7) bulb (turn it on and off), but I don’t see a way to control the brightness via HA. I’m able to control brightness via python-broadlink library, though.
Maybe someone can advise, if I have something misconfigured, or brightness control is simply not supported by the Broadlink integration as of now?

hi @dmitry-cherkas, all current lightbulbs have a brightness built-in iirc, the broadlink integration should discover your device by itself without any configuration. Did you explicitly click on the light? brightness setting in has is only visible when the light is on and when you click on it.

Ah, I thought it should appear as a separate entity, but now I found it:

@L_I_Am , thanks for the hint!

1 Like

For some reason I can’t unlock some of my lamps, most of them work but 2~3 lamps are not unlocked, I followed the same process as the ones that worked and it still doesn’t work. Has anyone been through this and managed to resolve it?

Hi,

I am re-opening the discussion - can anyone tell me if you have managed to add more than 1 LB using the Broadlink integration?
I have managed to add the first LB, but for the second, third, and so on, it states that the device is already configured. I have 4 LBs that I would like to add to HA, but besides 1, I cannot add any of the other.
Any help would be appreciated.

After a lot of troubleshooting… this works perfect.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

I can confirm that the solution provided by @lucianoberger works perfectly for me as well.
I managed to get all 5 of them setup with HA. So, what I did was to delete one by one the bulbs from the Broadlink App, then went through the setup process - added them to the normal home-network - but without giving them a name and finalizing the setup. This way they have been set with the correct and individual IP address, but not added to the Broadlink mesh (or whatever it is) setup. I no longer have them in the Broadlink app (but I do not care - as I can expose them via HA / NabuCasa to Google / Alexa anytime), but now I have them independently added to HA and it works, and no subnetting or messing with the router.

1 Like

Hi there!
I have a “Magic home” smart bulb, although I have no idea of what model (the box doesn’t say, is wifi, no RGB).
I tried the steps above

• Adding the device to the broadlink as a bulb (breathing mode) → it doesn’t recognise it when trying to add it (apparently the wifi format is not the expected one)
  • Adding the device to the broadlink as a generic wifi device (fast intermittent mode) → It reognises it, but says the server doesn’t match the device and this cannot be used. I ordered this from china, but the box says is the EU version thus I choose the german server but, as said, it doesn’t work
  • Adding it to the smart home app in AP mode → It doesn’t work, says is unsupported
  • Adding it to the smart home app with the default mode (breathing mode) → it gets added.

Now, in the last step I stopped before giving the name as suggested, and tried both the magic home and the broadlink integrations on hass:

• Magic home haas integration → I get “failed to connect” both by putting and not putting the host
  • Broadlink haas integration → I get “failed to connect” (putting the host since there is mandatory)

Now looking at the logs I get nothing for the Magic home, but get the following for the broadlink:
“broadlink Unsupported device: 0x613f”

Any ideas? Is this just an unsupported bulb?

Hi there!
I am in the same place as you are. Until now I assumed it was a problem with my router (Fritzbox!7520), because the DHCP does not provide an IP to the bulb, so the connection is not complete, and the apps fail.
I just hang from you, just in case someone comes with a possible solution :slight_smile:

Have a nice day/night !

Hello everyone,

Today I had the same problem with the light bulbs of the magic home application, however I have already managed to integrate with the home assistant, below I list the steps I took:

1. Noticing that many of you identified that it was a Broadlink type bulb, I decided to try to configure the bulb through the BroadLink app as general wi-fi device and ap mode, the bulb enable a wifi BroadlinkProv Hotspot, i connect and after return to Broadlink app.

2. Broadlink app request your SSID and Password Wifi, and begin the automate bulb configuration, In my case, Broadlink recognized the bulb and the router assigned an IP to it, however, the Broadlink application did not receive it due to problems with the region of my account. but my router gave it an ip

3. In Home Assistant Add Broadlink integration and put this ip in the host field and send

I hope this information is helpful and I will try to keep an eye on the thread to try to help again

1 Like

This 100% worked for me.

Following these steps will work perfectly.

After the Bulb has connected to Wi-Fi, close the app, and add via Broadlink Integration in HA by entering IP address.

Vola.

• Reset the bulb by turn it on/off 4 times from the wall switch (1 seconds between each), now it should be in breathing mode (flashing).

• Using the “Magic Home-Smart home” application on your phone to setup wi-fi (2.4ghz) for the bulb and STOP the process there, don’t assign a name or room.

• Open Home assistant settings then Devices & services and add the BroadLink integration.

• Put the ip address of the bulb (can be found in your wifi modem dashboard or by using the Fing app on your phone).

• Now the bulb can be recognized and you can set it up in home assistant.

Note: don’t ever complete the setup in “Magic Home-Smart home” because the bulb will lock and fail to reconnect after a HA restart. If you did that tho, then repeat all above steps and you’ll be ok.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone in this thread. I was able to use the instructions to half-setup the process using the standard Magic Home app to unlock the smart bulbs before setting them up.

I was also able to take apart the standard Broadlink component in Home Assistant and support the standard effects for these bulbs and add the ability to define your own.

Extract this folder into your custom_components directory. All the alterations are in light.py, add effects into the MY_EFFECTS list.

This is for Home Assistant version 2022.7.3 and your mileage may vary, I’m not proficient enough with Git to submit a request

@L_I_Am, do you know if light effects are coming to Broadlink LB1 in HASS?

I’m not planning on working on it as I’m not using any LB1 anymore at the moment