LED Matrix MQTT Sign

I’m away till the weekend, I’ll see if I can sort something out then.

Really Cool, i just set it up, thanks @keithh666 for an amazing work.

I’ve a new approach to send custom text and templates to the led matrix. Ere is the repo…attention! Still alpha !

https://gitea.ddns.net/keithh666/Basic_LED_Matrix_Sign

@thundergreen
oh, can you check the link again, returns 404

Can you tell me how did you set the time zone, for example i need to set +5:30 for India, can you tell me how this will work in the sketch under timezone.

In the original code you would change …

int8_t timeZone = 0;
int8_t minutesTimeZone = 0;

In the new code there is no time, you would send it via HA using a template or string over mqtt.

// Application
#define APP_TIMEZONE           99            // +1 hour (Amsterdam) (-12 .. 12 = hours from UTC, 99 = use TIME_DST/TIME_STD)
int8_t timeZone = 0;
int8_t minutesTimeZone = 0;

thanks @keithh666, is this all it needs? im still using the code you posted above., i tried compiling got some errors

MyParola_Scrolling:467: error: ‘timezone’ was not declared in this scope
if (timezone == 99)
^
exit status 1
‘timezone’ was not declared in this scope

i resolved that, do you have the new code to push it from HA, please share i think thats much better.

It’s as linked above by thundergreen.

that link seems to return 404, is that still available, i couldnt find it.

I think you may have to sign-in, that’s how I created it - and the link works for me.

Hey Keith, i signed in too, but still the same error, even followed you but no luck…im not sure what is wrong here. can you see if the repo is private,. :worried:

Try it now :slight_smile:

Do u have access now?

Yes i got the access, im trying them now. thanks @keithh666

I’ll also give it a shot tonight…ota possible ?

ota possible ?

Not currently no :frowning:

That would be nice

i got it to work, its much better than the old sketch, i can now send any data i wish from HA, @keithh666 thanks again, impressive work indeed.

I’ll put it on my list of things to do :slight_smile:

Cool…im going to test it now