LEDVANCE integration - this is how to do it as per 03/22

Hello, I tried the FlagX script but I get this error:

Error! Code: USER_EMAIL_ILLEGAL, message: Invalid email address, result: {'t': 167174____1882, 'success': False, 'errorCode': 'USER_EMAIL_ILLEGAL', 'status': 'error', 'errorMsg': 'Invalid email address'}
Unexpected error: Invalid result, check logs

Does anyone know why?
I tried the email adress of my ledvance account multiple times but still no success? Is it a specific user ?
Thanks !

Hi @Gussir
Could it be the region / country setting that doesn’t match between your app and the script?

Thanks for the feedback, how can I change that? I noticed also that I cannot log from this web account: MyLedvance

1. Go to GitHub and download and install the FlagX Scripts that will be used to extract the secret LocalKey

how the hell do i use those files?

sorry i seriously dont know how to use them

EDIT: figured it out. only took 2 days without any instructions

1 Like

Good work! I know it’s frustrating that nobody helps, but you can’t do the attitude that you are entitled, some have time others have not, and it’s a busy season, myself, I’ve been down corona over the christmas, wee hee great times :frowning:
And just to make a point, peoples health, including my own, is way more important than a ledvance problem :smiley:

2 Likes

does this also work with the ledvance cameras? did anybody try it?

No, it doesn’t support cameras

Does it work with the ceiling fans anyone know?
https://www.ledvance.com/consumer/products/smart-home/smart-luminaires/smart-indoor-luminaires/smart-wifi-ceiling-fans-for-various-appliaction-areas--combining-light-and-air-ventilation-c200719

1 Like

@sd_dracula I’m in the same boat right now. Did you find anything or tried yourself?

I am waiting on the delivery for it, sometime next week
I think localtuya should work as I used it before for a weather station that didn’t work with the normal tuya integration

Got the lamp but unfortunately it will NOT connect to tuya/smart life only to the Ledvance Smart+ app which is quite annoying.
Tried both slow/fast flashing methods for adding and both failed on smart life.
If anyone has any tips on how to connect it to that it would be greatly appreciated.

we are now in fall of 2023, Ledvance wifi can still only turn on and off, Power consumption/ meter doesn’t work at all,

And It wont improve, because ledvance doesn’t want to integrate.
I’ve worked with the Danish ledvance tech person, and we’ve tried all sorts of pushes, but they don’t listen in any way.

1 Like

Ledvance is piece of sh… company. Just open up the power supply brick/or lamp if it’s regula e27 lamp and connect tuya chip to usb to tll device and write OpenBK firmware (it’s like TASMOTA) GitHub - openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App: Open source firmware (Tasmota/Esphome replacement) for BK7231T, BK7231N, BL2028N, T34, XR809, W800/W801, W600/W601 and BL602 . Then you will no longer need crappy tuya cloud. TUYA is the WORST manufacturer. For example every zigbee device [chip] they have they say t’s 3.0, but NONE of them ever works as a router! Never. Ledvance is using tuya.

2 Likes

I got LDVSMART+CL FAN GR connected via localtuya in the end and the light switch works ok,
But I have no idea what the rest of the values are:

Usually they can be found out from iot tuya website but because this is ledvance it doesn’t show up there.

Did you solve it? This is what I’ve got so far, you need one entity for fan to control off+speed 1-3, and one entity for the light to control the light on LEDVANCE SMART+ 4058075572553 // SMART+ Wifi Ceiling Fan LED Round 550mm + RC

Localtuya hacs integration, configure - edit a device, for the fan entity:

Result:

(my model has 3 different fan speeds)

For the light entity:

Result:

The fan also has a “timer fan button” on the remote but not sure how to use it, or if it works in HA, maybe I will test some more. You can also add fan-speed sensor (choose ID: 53 (value:1), if you want a sensor that shows the current fan speed setting 1/2/3.

I tried tiny tuya to get DPs but it did not work, not sure why, and as it is not possible to add ledvance to Tuya smart app I could not get DPs from tuya iot logs either.

1 Like

It seems more responsive through localtuya also, compared to using it via the smartthings integration.

Sweet, thanks for the fan settings I hadn’t bothered but they do work perfectly

Did you buy that light and tried it?

I can’t seem to control the RGB Ring independently to the main light.

Did you see this one: