LEDVANCE SMART+ WIFI- Call to all :-)

Hi All

This is offtopic, I hope the moderators will accept this post, or maybe even move it to their blog.

We need to move the LEDVANCE company (german company), and with this big installation base that Home Assistant has, it must be possible. I have of course provided the statistics page to them, to see how big the potential market is.

LEDVANCE SMART+ WIFI is based on TUYA, however, they have limited the access so it is not possible to use the open TUYA platform to integrate to the lights, you must use LEDVANCE’s own app, which makes it very complicated to integrate to Home Assistant.

We are a couple of people in Denmark, that would like to push LEDVANCE to open up the platform, or at least make a dedicated integration to Home Assistant.

They will integrate to Homey Pro and SmartThings shortly, so we need Home Assistant to have these products as well.

They want more sale, but almost nobody with a HA will buy LEDVANCE WIFI products when they can’t integrate, and setting up smartthings as a slave to HA, just for the integration to LEDVANCE is just silly.

So please, make your voice heard here and I will send the link to them, to make them realize the potential, and hopefully we can sway them.

Best regards
Kenneth

3 Likes

“call to arms” in those troubled times is quite inappropriate, imo.

1 Like

What is the limiting factor here not to use Tuya app itself?

So true, I’ve changed it

1 Like

They don’t allow it, intentionally blocked.

Im in, how can I help?

Sounds great, just by posting here you help out, if we get enough to do that, then I’ll send the link to the thread to my contact in LEDVANCE so he has better arguments!

1 Like

I am interested by this as well, I am using LedVance LED lights as well

1 Like

I have a few dozen LEDVANCE Smart+ Zigbee bulbs/strips in my home. I had a couple of the A19 bulbs stop working after a little over a year, and they just replaced them under warranty (good customer service, BTW). However, the Zigbee versions are no longer available, so the warranty replacements are Smart+ WiFi models… which don’t really help me. If the WiFi version of the bulbs had a reasonable way to integrate into HA, I’d use them; but if that doesn’t materialize, I’ll probably end up going with Hue or another brand.

Did you see my Breaking News: LEDVANCE integration - this is how to do it as per 03/22 ?

1 Like

Yeah I hereby support for Ledvance to fix this.

Ledvance Zigbee smartplugs work fine with both hue bridge in between and directly from Home Assistant using ConBee 2 Zigbee stick.

Ledvance Wifi products are hot garbage that should be avoided. (And arguably the brand itself over this.)
They could make it work with tuya in a heartbeat but they don’t.

Massive red flag.

I will be steering clear of them completely until they handle this in some moderately acceptable way.

Nor the messing around with ADB or controlling it via Smartthings are acceptable resolutions to me.

Not in the least because I can’t arbitrairily have HA available on 443 for the required webhook for SmartThings.
I have only one external IP and already run things on 443. I could probably get around this with a reverse proxy but again. All that effort for one lightstrip i’m not even currently using…
Not to mention you’d be talking to big tech again which kind of goes against what I want to accomplish with (among other things) HA.

Yes, would be nice to be able to control them from within HA

+1 there should be an integration for this to integrate direct with Home Assistant. The whole point of HA is to keep things local. Going via SmartThings is not a solution, not even a band-aid. A waste of resources, if you ask me!

I bought a Ledvance Smart+ Wifi plug with energy measuring yesterday and thought: “Awesome, it’s goning into HA!”

Just found out now, that it’s not possible without 3. party apps.

Will not be buying anymore of their products with that kind of aftermarket strategy. Sorry.:thinking::unamused:

I completely understand, it’s a very sad position to take! But you might be able to salvage something with this:

I haven’t tried with a plug, so I have no idea if it will work, and it what sense.

1 Like

I got a Ledvance wifi outdoor plug working through localtuya. I configured it as a switch as there’s no support for plugs/sockets, so other functionality like timers are not available.

So I have only DP 1 as controllable for now through the integration/device. Based on tuya documentation DP 9 could be a delay timer, DP 38 a relay status / power-on setting, DPs 41-43 could be child lock, cycle timer and random timer. Device diagnostics from HA:

"dps_strings": [
        "1 (value: True)",
        "9 (value: 0)",
        "38 (value: off)",
        "41 (value: False)",
        "42 (value: )",
        "43 (value: )"
      ],
1 Like

Does the power measurement for Smart+ plug work when using local tuya integration?

Hello,

I just spent some fifteen hours trying to integrate my Ledvance Sun@Home WiFi LED bulbs to Home Assistant without success. Now I give up. I hope that Ledvance does the right thing and creates the Home Assistant integration, or that someone else, a capable person or team does that. The Ledvance phone app has too limited control options, and I find it cumbersome to use in practice.

I chose the Ledvance bulbs after testing five models from different manufacturers. I liked the light of the Ledvance Sun@Home most, and bought them despite wishing to get a ZigBee based control system. I’d like to avoid buying new hardware, because I already have a computer and a display always on in my apartment, and could and would like to use them to control lighting. So the only thing I need is to be able to have my bulbs appear in Home Assistant, and then be able to control the brightness and colour temperature (hopefully with the freedom to have different levels of brightness and colour temperature inside one group).

Just quick question here guys.

I’m looking for a external wall lamp near door + discrete camera and I found this:
https://www.ledvance.com/consumer/products/smart-home/smart-luminaires/smart-outdoor-luminaires/smart-outdoor-camera-luminaires/slim-wall-luminaire-with-in-app-direction-adjustable-camera--speaker--motion-and-daylight-sensor-c169477?productId=30545

There is also another (round one) with similar parameters.

As I understand: currently there is no possibility to integrate it with HA? One has to use their app to access camera live feed?

Any recommendations for other brands?

I can’t give you are recommandation, but the device does not work with HA.