Legrand/Bticino MyHome

Hi folks!

I’ve been developing a custom integration for MyHome, based on a direct communication with an IP OpenWebNet gateway (I use an F454); I’ve also developed the underlying python library to go with it.
I’m not a developer by trade, but I think I followed guidelines enough for it to be somewhat sturdy. (it’s all async btw.)

I currently have lights/switches, covers, dry contacts, power measurement and CEN/CEN+ commands.
It’s all I have in this ecosystem, so it’s the only stuff I could test for.
From other automation solutions’ communities, I know people are also interested in the alarm and heating aspects of it but I don’t use them myself…

I’ve been using it for 3 or 4 months now, I would say it’s fairly stable overall.

My question then is the following: is there any interest from the community about this or not?
Should I try to fine tune the user experience and start documenting in order to publish it or not?

Edit:
The component and library are now public on GitHub

9 Likes

Please do share this!
I have been using https://github.com/pippocla/my_home and it does work, but the maintainer stopped maintaining it :confused:

So I forked it to have some minimal PR’s added but they are not getting through :frowning:
https://github.com/pippocla/my_home/pull/6

Anyhow, I would to test your lib and even help if possible!

I’ll do my best to make the whole thing presentable then :slight_smile:
In the meantime, if you want to check the library, it’s “OWNd”, available on Pypi!

2 Likes

Would you mind putting the project on GitHub? That way other can maybe help?
I for example would indeed need the heating commands :wink:

Did you do any Home Assistant integration for it? Or how do I do the configuration?

I have both the library and the integration on github, but in a private repo for now.
Message me your github username and I can add you as a collaborator on them!

I’ll need to give you some guidance on configuration as well (or maybe share my own for clarity) as it’s a mix of GUI and yaml…

1 Like

I think there are a lot of people waiting on a good own intagration :blush: and this looks promising. (From what i can see from the library) I would realy like to test this out! :wink:

Thanks, I hope this can be useful to people :slight_smile:
Send me your github user and I can give you access to both repo for testing!

Hi Julien ,

I just installed OWNd , and trying to configure to work with MH202. Could you please share some configuration instructions.

Thanks

Hi Moussa, the library on its own is not enough, it is just underlying system used by the custom integration to work.
You’ll need to install the custom component in your Home Assistant instance to make it work.
For now it is hosted in a private github repository, but if you send me your github username I can give you access if you want to test!

Hi Julien

GitHub: moussa11 . I did realize that, and started looking at how to build a custom-components. Yet didn’t get far. Thank you.

Hi Julien

Integration configured seamlessly. I must say, you have done a great job. Discovery of MH202 works well. I will let you know if I encounter any issues defining entities.

Thank you

Hey,

I’m having trouble installing. I have put the folder inside the custom components folder and the integrations shows up in the list to add the integration.
But when I try to install it just stops after a while with a popup that just says that it has stoped.

Can you try to run ‘ python3.8 -m OWNd -v 2 ’ in your Home Assistant instance?
It will try to initiate an event session with the discovered gateway and the logs might tell us more if something’s wrong trying to communicate with it.

Hey the only thing that shows up is this.

2020-10-19 16:22:21,946 - OWNd - INFO - Starting OWNd

Could it be because I’m using a F455? Or should I get an error that there is no gateway found?

if I add the gateway manually I get this. So it looks like that’s working.

bash-5.0# python3.8 -m OWNd -v 2  -a 192.168.1.11 -p 20000 -P 12345                                                                                                   
2020-10-19 16:37:59,803 - OWNd - INFO - Starting OWNd.                   
2020-10-19 16:37:59,804 - OWNd - INFO - Opening event session.   
2020-10-19 16:37:59,807 - OWNd - DEBUG - Negotiating event session.   
2020-10-19 16:37:59,808 - OWNd - DEBUG - Reply: *#*1##  
2020-10-19 16:37:59,809 - OWNd - DEBUG - Reply: *#*1##   
2020-10-19 16:37:59,809 - OWNd - INFO - Event session established.
2020-10-19 16:43:52,094 - OWNd - DEBUG - Received: *1*1*18##                                                                           
2020-10-19 16:43:52,095 - OWNd - INFO - Light 18 is switched on.                                                                                                     
2020-10-19 16:43:52,177 - OWNd - DEBUG - Received: *1*1*18##                                                                           
2020-10-19 16:43:52,178 - OWNd - INFO - Light 18 is switched on.

thanks for the help

hum, that’s strange… I’m not familiar with F455, but since it’s an older model, maybe it doesn’t handle discovery in the same way?
Is your F455 in the same network as Home Assistant?

Can you do this from your Home Assistant instance?

python3.8 /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/OWNd/discovery.py

This should give you a summary of the information of discovered gateways, but if discovery fails somehow, it might not give you anything.

The F455 isn’t so old I think it’s only 5 years old or so, but apparently they already stopt making them.
Yes the gateway is in the same network as HA.

If I run this nothing shows up and stops after a while.

Is it possible to manually enter the config for the gateway without discovering?

Yes indeed, not necessarily older, but discontinued :slightly_frowning_face:
You can provide the info to OWNd (like you did), but the custom component relies on discovery to get other information (like the MAC address that is used as a UUID) and unfortunately I did not plan the possibility to add all of it from scratch in HA GUI.
Let me message you, we’ll try to see what we can do to make discovery work! It can benefit others as well if we can make it work out of the box.

Hi!
I’d also like to test the custom integration.
Github: alessandro-lac

Thank you!

Hi Alessandro! I’ve sent you an invite for the repository!
As with others, if you have problems, let me know!

Hi Julien

May I ask acces to the repository ?
My github is : theveninjeremy.
ANd is there a discovery of things or do we have to add all items by hand ?
Thanks in advance.