Leviton Decora Matter support added

So I was researching smart switches and saw this announcement from last month for adding matter support to Leviton Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen devices. Has anyone seen this update come through on supported devices yet.

D26HD and D215S were the initially supported devices.

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/brands/all-brands/decora-smart/leviton-matter

1 Like

I have the motion detecting version (D2MSD), so I’ll be on the lookout for it.

I was looking at trying to control it through bluetooth, since you can pair it with a remote, but the old decora bluetooth pypi packages don’t seem to work.

According to csa-iot.org they were certified on March 3rd…so that’s some progress. For “early 2023” I would have expected something more public by now. I’ve been watching this closely as I like the look of these since they are more traditional in appearance and blend in with dumb switches.

1 Like

I’m using this thread to ask this same question again. Is anyone is using these switches with Matter support? It is available now if you enable the beta software in the app.

1 Like

I just bought a few D26HD’s to test out replacing a few of my Leviton Z-Wave Dimmers. I’ll try to remember to come back here to let you know how it works when they’re installed.

I have three of the D215S switches installed and connected to the leviton app.

Where do I go to enable the beta?

I don’t see any options to enable Beta in the Android My Leviton App. I did reach out to Leviton support though about when the matter update will come out. This is what I got back. Looks like it’s coming soon!

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for contacting Leviton Technical Services. The Matter update has not been released yet, it should be released in the next few weeks. I will notify you once the update has been released.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris
Technical Support Representative, Residential
www.leviton.com

I upgraded the firmware on my Gen2 Leviton switches, and since then, not able to connect them to HA using the Leviton or Matter integration. Anybody else tried?

I just upgraded last night and had the same issue.

My workaround was to link leviton to samsung smart things then link samsung smart things to home assistant.

Not the best solution, but it got me up and running again.

They may say they added support for the D26HD Decora-WiFi Dimmer 2nd Generation, and indeed I joned the beta program and was able to update the firmware from 1.5.0 to 2.1.0. I added the Matter (Beta) add-on to Home Assistant and lo and behold, they cannot connect. What a waste of time. Biding my time while waiting for things to mature, simply went back to the Decora-WiFi cloud based integration.

Has anyone at all been able to get this to work?

Yes; the Leviton D26DH dimmer works with Home assistant.

I installed a D26DH dimmer on the wall here in my office. It is configured as a Matter device and is working properly with Home Assistant. Home Assistant can control the dimmer as expected.

There are several steps to follow. It’s important to follow them carefully, because any mistakes will prevent the dimmer from connecting.

1. Add the Matter controller to Home Assistant.

2. Restart Home Assistant. (The Matter controller won’t work properly until you do this.)

3. Follow these detailed instructions for adding a Leviton smart Matter switch to Home Assistant: https://decorasmartsupport.leviton.com/hc/en-us/articles/11638969410331-How-do-I-Update-my-Decora-Smart-Wi-Fi-2nd-Gen-Device-to-Support-Matter-

Thanks @SophieO , when I tried to add the switch to the BETA matter controller HA integration (after restarting HA) - it appeared once and when I try to select it, it disappeared. Now it never can even find it
the device anymore. HA tells me there are no Matter compatible devices present. What do I do to add it into home assistant since HA Connor even locate it?

Hello @SophieO , a couple more tries and rebooting the D26HD - and finally connected. Well see how this works

Any update on these devices? I bought a few yesterday (arrived today). Tried to connect as matter devices directly from HA with no luck. I was thinking to return but than I found this thread

From what I read I need to install and connect with My Leviton App, update firmware and than hopefully I can install as matter device directly on HA?

I have: switch, dimmer, motion sensing dimmer, switch companion ( Leviton Decora Smart Wi-Fi 2nd Gen)

Thank you in advance

Posting in case this helps anyone else. I could not get my Pixel 6 to add the Leviton Gen 2 plugs after flashing to the Matter firmware. Kept getting stuck at " checking network connection" and would error out “can’t connect to device”. I switched to using my wife’s Samsung phone and it worked fine.

Started having issues again. Had to “enable multicast enhancement” on my Ubiquiti wifi system to fix it.

I have D215S working with the Matter integration and not the cloud integration. Facepalm: MATTER IS IPV6 ONLY. In HA, go to settings/system/network, enable IPv6, and then reboot the host. Worked for me. This is local-only IPv6, with no gateway. But nothing works if HA can’t see IPv6 traffic.

@rtvanhook PROOF IP6 IS NOT NEEDED IN HA FOR MATTER (BETA) WITH LEVITON (LOL! Maybe it should be but it isn’t right now…???)

BTW - I agree about IP6 everything aboiut it Ihave read says it is IP6… but - ! ???

I have a leviton dimmer switch in my dining room that after some annoying delays for automations to turn it on due to it being cloud based I went through the instructions to upgrade the fiormware to support matter. Below is proof that the IP6 setting is NOT needed in Home Assistant. Is it possible that IP6 setting is only for internet-related connectivity to HA? Because below is proof it works fine without IP6 (and yes, I did remove the configuration.yaml setting for non-matter setup of the switch for integration with HA - and below is proof of automations working with it under the matter integration):

Under settings->system->network:

Here is the chandelier entitiy, notice the integration column cvalue shown (which as you know is not editable):

Then under settings->integrations->matter (then click on “1 device”):

I have wanted even a youtube video on getting matter (beta) integration working with Leviton switches, the guy in that video insists that the IP6 setting in HA is required, it is not as proven above!

@SophieO - did you notice the above? Did you (or anyone) have to turn on IP6?

Interesting. On your first screenshot, there’s a second tab for wlan0. Do you mind posting a screenshot of that as well, just to remove any chances of that being the way IPv6 (with a V, it matters – pun intended :smirk:) is working?

Sorry - I have all WiFi disabled, I prefer hard wired ethernet (more reliable and faster):

So… ??? LOL