LG Smart ThinQ - Component

Do i really need to SSH into my server? Cant I just copy the files? Sorry for the dumb question

Edit: just copy the files to the folder. I dont know why he says that you need SSH.

styler offline styler online

This is my LG Styler in offline and online mode.

So happy I found this integration.

I’ve got an LG barn door fridge and I just made a Picture Elements Card to emulate the control panel. The only change I made was to replace the lock button with the door status.

2 Likes

I just got two LG fans that are connected to my thinq app, does anyone know if these should work with this HA component?

Are you willing to share? I have the same fridge

1 Like
type: picture-elements
elements:
  - type: state-icon
    entity: switch.refrigerator_express_freeze
    style:
      top: 24%
      left: 12%
  - type: state-label
    entity: climate.refrigerator_freezer
    attribute: current_temperature
    style:
      left: 43%
      font-size: 300%
  - type: state-label
    entity: climate.refrigerator_fridge
    style:
      left: 58%
      font-size: 300%
  - type: image
    entity: binary_sensor.refrigerator_door_open
    style:
      left: 88%
    state_image:
      'on': http://192.168.10.25:8123/local/door-sliding-open-2.png
      'off': http://192.168.10.25:8123/local/door-sliding-2.png
image: http://192.168.10.25:8123/local/ha_fridge_3.png

door-sliding-2

door-sliding-open-2

1 Like

Awesome mate, cheers!

Has anyone got some advice for getting LG aircon working in HA?
I use to have it working with the sampsyo/hass-smartthinq addin but it stopped working after a HA update and I’ve never been able to get it working again.

I’m getting this error in my logs

2021-09-18 21:23:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up smartthinq platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 257, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.gather(*pending)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 587, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 698, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 464, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 500, in _async_write_ha_state
    attr.update(self.state_attributes or {})
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 305, in state_attributes
    data[ATTR_SWING_MODE] = self.swing_mode
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq/climate.py", line 221, in swing_mode
    if v[0] == self._state.horz_swing and v[1] == self._state.vert_swing:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/ac.py", line 419, in vert_swing
    return ACVSwingMode(lookup_enum('WDirVStep', self.data, self.ac))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/util.py", line 17, in lookup_enum
    return device.model.enum_name(attr, data[attr])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py", line 350, in enum_name
    options = self.value(key).options
AttributeError: 'RangeValue' object has no attribute 'options'

Hey mate. I too used to be on sampsyo code, but a guy named ollo69 took that (wideq base) and made it better. Switch over to that. I did a few months back no regrets. https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors

Thanks so much, @keiran.harris just moved and everything was working really quick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear. Ollo is really responsive too. He doenst even own a LG A/C but is happy to do the dev for those of us that do. Ive raised a few feature requests and he is quick! Gotta love the power of open source hey.

Hello, did you ever figure out what your issue was? I’m having the same problem now.

Hey people, im new to Hacs and i just installed and went into the Hacs integration>Explore & Add Repository, when i look into the list i can not find SmartThinQ LGE Sensors in the list?

can someone help me out ?

If you just installed HACS it might not have finished setting up.

Anyone using it with LG dishwasher?

1 Like

Silly question. With the https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors component, the instructions mention “Option A” that installs through the GUI. It doesn’t seem to come up in a search. I assume that option not available anymore? Is it going to come back anytime soon?

Yes mine is installed via HACS.

Am I in the right spot?

You are not even in HACS. In fact HACS doesn’t even seem to be installed.

Ah, brilliant! I assumed “HACS” was just short for “Home Assistant Configuration System.” Installing now. Thanks!

1 Like