LG Smart ThinQ - Component

Hey @tayanov, @ptrsnja, I’ve just bought an LG washer and dryer. How’s ollo69’s integration working for you? I just want to know see what your experience is before I add it to my HA setup. Thanks!

Still going strong. I have an automation to broadcast a message to my Google Home devices when a cycle has finished, and it’s very helpful. Installed an updated through HACS, the project continues to get updates as far as I can tell.

1 Like

wery well.

1 Like

@ollo69 : Hi, I’m new here so I can’t PM you. I’m working on a different hub and trying to modify the ThinQ integration and I have one question for you. Could you write to me in private please ?

I would love to see an integration. Here’s a tip in the mean time:

HA can read the notifications received by your phone and act on that notification you get from the LG ThinQ app.

1. On the HA app on your phone, go into Configuration - Companion App - Manage Sensors - Notification Sensor - Last Notification
    a) Enable.
    b) Scroll down and temporarily turn on “Disable Allow List Requirement” - this will allow all notifications
    c) Generate any notification on your phone and this will cause a new entity to appear in HA called sensor.yourphone_last_notification. In order to generate a notification I just send myself a text message and lock the screen before I receive it.
    d) Once a notification comes in you can check HA to see if you have the entity “sensor.yourphone_last_notification”
    e) Turn off the “Disable Allow List Requirement” - to disallow all by default
    f) Click “Allow List” and allow the LG app. For me this is “com.lgeha.nuts”
    g) you can test functionality by using Developer Tools - States - and watch the state of the Last Notification

2. You can use templates to get information from the title or text of the LG notification. I created this automation:

- id: '1645980528836'
  alias: Laundry Notification Jerome's Phone
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.jerome_sphoneha_last_notification
  condition: []
  action:
  - choose:
    - conditions:
      - condition: template
        value_template: '{{ ''Washer has finished a cycle'' in state_attr(''sensor.jerome_sphoneha_last_notification'',
          ''android.text'') }}'
      sequence:
      - service: switch.turn_on
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: switch.dome1_washerdone_tone
    - conditions:
      - condition: template
        value_template: '{{ ''Dryer has finished a cycle'' in state_attr(''sensor.jerome_sphoneha_last_notification'',
          ''android.text'') }}'
      sequence:
      - service: switch.turn_on
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: switch.dome1_dryerdone_tone
    default: []
  mode: single
1 Like

Has anyone gotten this to work on an LG dishwasher?

1 Like

Newbie here just trying to set this up. I’m sure I’m doing something wrong but I can’t seem to get started with this. I have HACS installed and when adding the integration it seems to work, and then I have to restart HA. But I don’t know what to do from there. The Lovelace default dashboard doesn’t have anything related to the LG ThinQ integration. However, when I go to HACS this is at the top:

Not loaded in Lovelace
You have 1 Lovelace elements that are not loaded properly in Lovelace.

Unfortunately I can’t find any log data or even where to configure lovelace itself (config files).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Well, hmm, reloaded the browser and the message seems to have gone away. But I’m not sure what to do from here. Do I add a custom card in lovelace? If so, what kind?

Thanks again for any help here…

Take a look at your developer tools|states - are there any devices related to this?

You have read and followed the instructions in the repository haven’t you?

That’s one of the first places I checked. When searching in states under devtools none of these have hits: LG, thin, washer. I even typed sensor. and looked through all the sensors. I think it’s just not loading.

I’ve read through the instructions many times, removed the integration, restarted, reinstalled it, nothing seems to help. I am expecting something to show up in LoveLace (I still have the auto generated panel running) where I should be able to configure it but nothing shows up.

I created a new dashboard and tried to add a new card, but I’m not sure what kind of card it should be. I’ve tried making a “custom, manual” card where you can enter yaml data and I’ve tried some of the code snippets in this thread but that’s not working either.

So on the instructions it gives options A and B. Option A is to use add the integration and then follow setup worflow. which isn’t a link so I’m not sure what it’s referencing. I’m wondering if there’s some configuration.yaml entry I need to add? I don’t think so but thought I’d ask. Note that I do see the directories and files created under custom_components > smartthinq_sensors.

I looked through some of the files to see if I needed to add LG login info somewhere there but didn’t find anything like that. Maybe it’s stored in the sql db after entering it in some web UI that I haven’t found.

Really looking forward to sorting this out but just not quite sure where to look for debug data.

Version info:

HACS Integration version: 1.23.0
Frontend version: 20220220164301

No point adding a card if there are no devices detected.

What devices do you have in the ThinQ app on your phone?

When you go to Configuration/Devices and Services in HA have you added the Smart ThinQ Devices integration. It guides you through the setup.

Never mind - sorted it out. Missed a step that must be super obvious to everyone else.

After adding the integration in HACS, that doesn’t add anything to the core HA setup. I needed to go to the Integrations of HA and add the ThinQ sensor integration there. That prompted the login screen for ThinQ and the subsequent creation of the laundry gear already set up in the phone app.

I think what was happening is that the HACS part is just adding a REPO, and the actual integrations are done in HA.

The reason I was confused was because I used HACS to add an Emporia support integration and it was all done within HACS. After adding this in HACS the devices showed up in Lovelace for all my Emporia energy monitors.

Anyway, thanks for the info and I hope this might help other noobs out there trying to use this integration. I’m looking forward to writing some automations now for it!

Thanks again,

Dennis

Great to see, I think we were going in the same direction.

You are right, adding via HACS simply makes the integration available in HA. It still needs to be set up in HA.

If Emporia is this integration GitHub - magico13/ha-emporia-vue: Home Assistant Integration for Emporia Vue Energy Monitor then you might remember wrong, cos the instructions say

Configuration is done directly in the Home Assistant UI, no manual config file editing is required.

1. Go into the Home Assistant Configuration
  2. Select Integrations
  3. Click the + button at the bottom
  4. Search for “Emporia Vue” and add it. If you do not see it in the list, ensure that you have installed the integration.

I’m using Ollo69’s integration for my LG Heatpumps (AC). They show up fine, and I can use them to turn on/off the units and change modes etc. One thing I was hoping to do was use the “Current Temperature” in an automation (ie. if the current temp is below a threshold turn on the heat, if its above a different threshold turn on the ac) but I cannot seem to access the current temperature sensor. It shows up in the cards fine but when I check the entity list it says its disabled. Does anyone know how I can access this information in an automation?
Card

It might be an attribute of another entity (perhaps a climate.* one, but I don’t use this integration). Try and find it in the Developer tools (in the STATES tab).

Thank you so much…I think this is exactly what I needed. I’m using Numerical_state for the current temperature.

Hi @rspierenburg - yup its an attribute (called current_temperature within my climate.air - “air” is what ive called my LG device).

Note also you can pull that value out and define it as your own top level sensor entity as so - I do exactly this. This way, you can access its temperature like any other sensor (sensor.lg_ac_temp for me).

Have you just tried??

I’m using Ollo69’s smart thinq connector for washer and drier very well.
Because drinking a lot of water is good for your health
It is very helpful to easily check how much water I drank in a day.
So I want to check in home assistant how much water used in a day,
but LG water purifier is not supported in Ollo69’s thinq connector.
I hope the water purifier will also be supported.