LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning

Hi, just wondering outside of the box but has anyone tried the Gree integration with an LG airconditioning?

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate it.

Ive noticed my LG A/C being a little harder to control over the last month or soā€¦ (have to press button a few times in GUI before it seems to work - i.e. when switching from ā€˜fanā€™ to ā€˜coolā€™ etc). Just checked my log store - and seems the LG API has been misbehaving, with a notable spike happening on 26th November - which is now the new norm apparently. My search (which drives the graph) is looking for any time the API is taking longer than 10 secs to respond (which is the standard log written out inside home_assistant.log). Anyone else noticing this?

Dear all,

Could you please confirm this project has abandonned, or is still ongoing, since there hasnā€™t been any update on the Smartthinq AC API V2 custom component in a long time?

Many thanks.

you might get an answer here - but in this case, it would be better to ask over in GitHub in the repo from the APIv2 code developer himself. Im on APIv1 (sampsyo code) and have no problemsā€¦ well, apart from the LG API being flaky that is :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. I will ask it in GitHub. :slight_smile:

Hi, did you get it work? Iā€™m a brazillian too.

How can one see of it is V1 or V2?

Hi Keiran,

Iā€™ve been keeping tabs on your progress with adding your LG ducted AC.

Iā€™m also in Australia and have added my dishwasher, fridge, washing machine and dryer into HA. Last week I had LG ducted AC with wifi dongle installed, I can control via the ThinQ app but Iā€™d like to try add it to HA. Does it automatically populate? Or will I need to run wideq again? Or is the ducted AC running on API v2 and wonā€™t work until compatibility is sorted out?

Thanks!

Andrew

Hey andrew - happy to help! I only have 1x LG device so you are sailing into my unknown RE if you need to run wideQ againā€¦ but my understanding is thats the token to your smartThinq account so, as long as its all in there it should pop up in hass. Whatever you name it in that LG app is how it will show up with climate.xxxx in front of it. I named mine air so it shows up as climate.air. Have a look in developer -> states - it may already be there for you. Then you just add to lovelace as so:

Which shows up like:

I never really bottomed out the v1 vs v2 API thing. All i know is it works for me! Keep us posted.

Iā€™ve checked my entities and it doesnā€™t show. Iā€™ll try run wideq again and start from scratch.

Afternoon Keiran,

Finally got around to running example.py again, I believe Iā€™ve run it correctly as I can see this in my wideq folder:

However, I added the stanza as per step 3: https://github.com/sampsyo/hass-smartthinq

When I validate my configuration I get:

Configuration invalidCHECK CONFIGURATION

Component error: smartthinq - Integration ā€˜smartthinqā€™ not found.

Iā€™m on the right track, just need a little bit of guidance. Any suggestions?

Edit: I also noticed that I didnā€™t get a wideq_state.json file, however I was able to get the request_token from the URL after I verified my credentials on the LG account website.

Hey mate, HTH, i just checked i think you might have messed up your directory structure? This is what mine looks like, first smartthinq:

Then wideq:

And fyi, heres what a working json file should looks like after you have run wideq successfully:

See how you go.

Hello everyone, Is it necessary to copy the Wideq folder to the Custom Components? I have copied the Smartthinq folder in the custom components and run the examply.py on my local pc. Afterwards I have copied the refresh token into the configuration.yalm, but nothing showed up. Or is this related to the APIv2 issue? Many thanks

Hi, Iā€™m facing the very same problem. My Thinq account was using Google services to log in, so I created a new one to be able to get the Wideq token (using email/pass) and I get 0 devices listed by Wideq. I guess itā€™s due to the APIv2 issue, right? Is there any project supporting this new API? I read the github PR in hass_smartthinq and it looks to be in the he works.

Thanks

@Franco87 - check out a fork off the original sampsyo code that some are having success with on APIv2 GitHub - ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors: Home Assistant custom integration for SmartThinQ LG devices configurable with Lovelace User Interface. ā€¦ ollo69 is about to start dev again to polish it off. Which pull request are you talking about? Are they pulling this into hass mainline core? Great if so!

Hi, i install the component with HACS; but i donā€™t found the wideq repertory ?? Where is it ?

Hey guys,

Take a look at this git:

This just worked for me! I have a LG Dual Inverter Voice - Marcio just updated the git with the proper files in wideq to v2 - works like a charm now!

1 Like

The wideq version worked for me but wasnā€™t sure I would need to update something on the smartinq component. @Andre_Bruno is it plug and play just by replacing the wideq library?

Sorry not sure ā€¦ I knew the original integration would not work with my AC so I only installed this one from the link IĀ“ve shared ā€¦ I donĀ“t know, maybe worth a shot?

Hi,

iā€™ve just installed version linked by @Andre_Bruno and i can confirm that it also works with my 3 ACs that use v2 API. I was looking for working solution for a long time. Thank you @marciogranzotto! :slightly_smiling_face:

@adrianrdzv just install this component and restart HA, it automatically installs proper wideq version.
Just follow instruction from github

2 Likes