LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning

Still not working does not even have a folder called wideQ I even built a wideq folder in custom_components and copied everything to the location is was looking for, same error

the Wideq does find both of my AC units just fine and builds the wideq state json

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/thinq_v2/init.py:84
First occurred: 10:15:53 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:15:53 PM

Error during setup of component thinq_v2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 241, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/thinq_v2/init.py”, line 84, in setup
for device in client.devices:
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 135, in devices
self._devices = self.session.get_devices()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 127, in session
self._session, self._devices = self.auth.start_session()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 121, in auth
assert False, “unauthenticated”
AssertionError: unauthenticated

@trentjw i thing you should follow instalation steps from github.
You have to download wideq (and switch branch to “thinq2”), authenticate. Then you get wideq_state.json file, copy this file to HA folder given at wideq_state, eg. wideq_state: /config/wideq_state.json

I did all that, I copied the wideq from custom folder to the spot is what looking for even

no such thing as a config folder on home assistant

“You have to download wideq (and switch branch to “thinq2”), authenticate” I did this got back the the info from LG web site just fine

@trentjw config folder is same place where you have home-assistant.log file

deleted double

no config folder

I manually built a config folder and dumped the wideq state file in it full restart and still gets the exact same errors

So I have v1 and v2 devices. I thought marcio’s version worked for both devices but it seems not. I installed his hass-smartthinq component from HACS and disabled the original component I had as a custom_component. I could see the v2 devices but not the v1. Then I thought, ok, just need to enable the original component as well to have both. But now the old component is requiring the user number that is used on v2 api calls. So I guess there can only be one wideq dependency installed, so I could not have both them installed?
Marcio’s wideq version says to be compatible with both v1 v2 devices… so I’m also not sure that is normal that I only see v2 devices with his hass component.

completely deleted everything including the wideq stuff in the python folder once again followed the marciogranzotto/hass-smartthinq instructions to the letter and still get the exact same errors

the wideq works as stated and builds the wideqstate I pasted it everywhere to no avail

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/thinq_v2/init.py:84
First occurred: 9:02:32 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:02:32 AM

Error during setup of component thinq_v2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 241, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/thinq_v2/init.py”, line 84, in setup
for device in client.devices:
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 135, in devices
self._devices = self.session.get_devices()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 127, in session
self._session, self._devices = self.auth.start_session()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wideq/client.py”, line 121, in auth
assert False, “unauthenticated”
AssertionError: unauthenticated

Strange. So try to put the file on main folder and delete “/config” from thinq2 configuration entry

when I rerun the example.py with the wideq state already built it brings back both my units so it is talking with the lg cloud

I have it in the main folder with all my other files

Mayby try to provide separate wideq_state.json for each component

how do you suggest that? as it only has the access token to get to the account and a refresh token no where in the file does it show my devices

In platform configuration you can specify json file location, eg.:

the file does not have the device info only the account info to access the devices

Yes. But why do you think it’s a problem?
wideq_state.json has different structure for v1 and v2 api. So it is necessary to use corresponding file .

if wideq is pulling all the devices then how is it the problem? the marcio the sampsyo and all the others are what is failing to get to the credentials to even load

I’m now stuck with @marciogranzotto version of wideq and my old v1 implementation is not working anymore. The original hass-smartthinq component is trying to use marcio’s version of wideq and now nothing works. :frowning:

Maybe changing the name of marcio’s wideq version to something else? This could break peoples dependencies like mine I guess… where we still need the original component to work. And since your version is a fork of wideq make sense to not update the version number only but change the name of the fork.

But I guess that is also a fork on @no2chem v2 version. So that would need to be renamed if merged. I’m also not super sure if both wideq versions can co-exists but if anyone has some notes on how to do it please do so! (I already tried changing the manifest.json requirements url and also the climate.py REQUIREMENTS to use directly the github repo but did not work)

try deleting everything in your LG account and re adding them to see if you can gain access that way

I’ve just uploaded a new version that uses the UI Config Flow instead of adding the wideq_state.json on the yaml config.

But for anyone that was using the integration before, you have to remove the entry in configuration.yaml and redo the add process using HA’s UI. More detail instructions on the project README

2 Likes