Life 360 stopped working this morning

Can you elaborate? Is what still blocked?

Is there any consensus on a way forward here? Life360 works fine on our (IOS and Android) phones so I’m a bit reticent to install yet another app.

I have uninstalled the integration but can’t reinstall because of the credentials issue. I did try to manually install “ha-life360” but couldn’t get the integration to work.

Thanks for any help!

For a summary of the current situation with the HA Life360 integration and suggestions for getting it working, see this post.

FWIW, you should not need to use any “workaround” or my “ha-life360” custom integration. The standard, built-in life360 integration should work now, assuming you do not verify your phone number with Life360, or if you have, if you “un-verify” it. Again, see details in the linked post.

Ok, Life360 is def unverified now (per the phone app). But when I go to add the Life360 integration (I had removed it earlier) it immed pops up a “Configure Life360 Account” and asks for my username/password. Nothing I put in here works, tried email, phone with the newly reset password but always get “Invalid authentication”.

I kinda suspect I have some residual integration data someplace but nothing in config/* that looks like “Life360” anymore?

No, something definitely changed this morning. Not working for me and many other users, too.

I’m throwing in the towel. Even if they aren’t actively trying to lock us out, it’s getting way too difficult to keep up.

1 Like

Stopped working again for me. Worked after the HA recent update, but today asking to authenticate again.

Please do not throw in the towel. Help me, @pnbruckner. You’re my only hope.

1 Like

Sorry, but Life360 is making it too difficult. They have publicly said they don’t support automation systems like Google, Alexa, IFTTT, etc. If they don’t support those services, you can imagine they are not at all interested in supporting Home Assistant.

If anything significant changes, it’s always possible this integration could be brought back to life. But I wouldn’t count on it.

Wow Life360! In these days of public APIs and general openness that seems pretty short sighted! I wonder how many users will bail because of this.

I’m sure like many of you, I have some pretty useful automations based on occupancy as determined by Life360. What’s the alternative then, OwnTracks?

But thanks for all your great work on this integration @pnbruckner!

You’re welcome!

I have been suggesting reading/following these topics:

Looking for Life360 alternative for presence detection for home alarm - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Device Tracker, Best echange for Life360 - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

FYI if you’re running Owntracks on an Android v14 phone then it will not start tracking location until the app has been opened, which can be a bit of a pain when a phone is rebooted

I guess I’ll cancel our subscription at life360. Do we think letting them know we would like it and if not we take our money elsewhere would help?

It is estimated there were maybe 10’s of thousands of HA Life360 users, and it is estimated that Life360 has 50+ millions of users. Do the math…

I pay for silver, that’s $25/month. You’re right in that they likely don’t care about $250-500k or even $1 million.

edit: not being snarky, legitimately that is not that much money if they have 50 million + users overall.

There is a survey that comes out when you cancel your subscription. I expressed that I do not have a need for Life360 paid subscription if I cannot have access to an API through my Home Assistant.

4 Likes

fwiw, I dumped life360 for all the reasons mentioned in this post (and others) a while back and I am very happy with traccar…https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/traccar/

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for a fix to the life360/ha issue, but it seems that there is no hope (at least none in the near future)
What are your recommendations for an alternative app/solution for both Android and iOS
It should integrate with ja but also providean easy view from the phone, and notifications (family members arriving and leaving lhome) without having to resort to exposing the ha server to the cloud

You might want to check out the topics linked in this post above.

Thanks @pnbruckner
There are quite a few options listed, none seem to be widely endorsed
I’m looking for a recommendation that “just works” :

• provide notofications and map view outside ha
  • integrate with ha

I am using this. iPhone only I think and you have to buy the app. But it seems solid.