Life 360 support

See here.

Thanks again. I’ve got some reading to do. My original thought was to have an ESP8266-01 in each car and detect it “at home” by a ping tracker. The thought was that when home it would connect to the local net, or not if away. Never got it to work with confidence since I could physically unplug the ESP device, yet the ping tracker would still say it is present.

I won’t go into the details in this topic, but check out this thread on the forum and the doc for my composite tracker. I think it might help (and any further discussion about it should probably happen on the associated topic :wink:.)

1 Like

Life360 an excellent addition to HA. Please can I request a new feature:

In order to save battery life on my phone is it possible to have another poll interval. As today with standard rate is it possible to have another for when driving. This will reduce the number of requests when not needed and still a give a fast response when arriving home. e.g.

interval_seconds: 180

interval_seconds_driving: 10

Cheers

/T

The rate at which HA’s life360 integration polls the Life360 server has nothing to do with battery usage from the Life360 app running on the phone/device. That is controlled strictly by Life360, and is one of their major advantages, in that they already do this!

Now that there is a life360 integration in HA, would you consider marking this topic solved? E.g., find an appropriate reply and click image

Thanks!

1 Like

Life360 is now a core integration thanks to @pnbruckner and can be easily set up through the UI (at Configuration -> Integrations). Here’s the documentation and here’s a dedicated forum thread to discuss it.

2 Likes