Life360 Device Tracker Platform

Is it normal for Life360 app to not send places/addresses?. Just like you said, HA seems to be receiving everything fine. But it does not return a address/place.

I noticed yesterday evening when i’m in between places the Life360 server is not sending anything to HA. As i don’t see anything on my HA but i do see the places in my Life360 app

So if i’m not mistaken i should look at the Life360 app instead of HA, but where :sweat_smile:.

FWIW I rarely, if ever get address info from Life360.
There are alternatives:
Google Maps is better (at providing address information) and there are at least two Reverse Geocode custom components I am aware of. The one I use is Places which works very well for me.

I’m using Life360 and OpenStreetMap reverse geocode and all is working fine for me.
Google Maps API AFAIK needs $, isn’t it?

1 Like

Thank you, gonna look into that.

I don’t think so. I don’t pay!
But Google isn’t perfect with addresses either in my experience.
Which is why I use Places.

1 Like

Places is this ?

If yes, this is what I use, but no Google Maps location, I use Life360 as main location service.

Yep, that’s it.
I use Life360 and Google Maps (and router based presence detection) all combined into the excellent Composite device tracker CC by @pnbruckner.

My use of Google as well is purely a historical legacy but I decided to keep it as it does sometimes update quicker than Life360.

I use Composite as the data source for Places.

2 Likes

As others have said, it’s not uncommon for the Life360 server to not send an address. The place attribute, however, should indicate the name of a Life360 defined Place if it determines you are located in one of those Places. I believe if you “check in” with the Life360 app, this will also show (either in the place or address attribute, or both. Not really sure. I never use that feature.)

What do you mean by “not sending anything”? Do you mean for address & place? Or do you mean the GPS coordinates are not updating either?

Amigos,

Tem alguma maneira de eu mudar o nome driving e moving e none para dirigindo, movendo e indefinido?

Gostaria muito de ajuda para resolver isso

They show me the address when i’m in zones, but if i’m in between nothing comes in HA. Nevertheless i fixed it now with the tip of @klogg (thanks m8). Places does exactly what i want

For some reason, I cannot get life360 to work to show me as a device.tracker

This is my configuration.yaml (I have and triple checked my username and pass are correct)

life360:
  accounts:
    - username: LIFE360_USERNAME
      password: LIFE360_PASSWORD

This is the result of my integration (I understand this is normal

And this is the state’s section searching for my device tracker:

English, please.

My guess is you have track_new_devices: false somewhere in your config. Just open known_devices.yaml, and change track: false to track: true for the life360 device entries.

If that’s not it, let me know and we can dig deeper.

Well, that could be my first issue. I no longer seem to have a known_devices.yaml.

I cannot remember deleting it.

For those out there that may have the same issue, check you known_devices. My system automatically set them to track false.

Thanks virgil. :wink: for the great help

1 Like

I’m sorry for posting in Portuguese and thanks for helping!

Got any way to change the name driving and moving and none to dirigindo, movendo and indefinido?

I would like a lot of help solving this

Not directly as far as I know. At least not without modifying the code.

You could create a Template Sensor, though. That’s about all I can think of.

Hi Phil, Thank you for this integration.

I get this error in my HA Log everytime i restart HA.

Invalid credentials for life360_user
8:14 PM components/life360/config_flow.py (ERROR)

The integration is working fine but I just have this error consistently.
The username and password are correct in secrets are correct.

My config:

life360:
  accounts:
    - username: life360_user
      password: life360_password
  driving_speed: 15
  show_as_state:
    - driving
    - moving
  warning_threshold: 10
  error_threshold: 20

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Hi!

I’m not sure I understand your configuration. If you’re getting that error, then that means the username & password from your YAML config is wrong. The config you show, and the error message, say the username is “life360_user”. Is it exactly that, or did you modify the config/message when posting it (to redact the real username)?

You also mention the secrets file, but I don’t see in what you posted that you’re actually getting the username & password from the secrets file.

Lastly, you say it’s working. Does that mean you also entered your username and password via the Integrations page in the frontend? If so, just remove the accounts option from the config YAML file (and leave the rest.)

As soon as I read your response my mistake became glaringly obvious.

Yes I had entered the credentials in the frontend and didn’t need the account section in my config which ofcourse the config was missing the !secret for the username and password.

Error gone now!
Thank you

1 Like