Life360 Device Tracker Platform

I added this tracker to my config and it works great. The only thing that doesn’t work is the history. If I click on the thumbnail I see longitude, latitude, source, battery etc. But there suppose to be a bar with my location history. But it isn’t there. Instead of the bar there stands “no history found”
What can I do about this?

1 Like

Agreed, history doesn’t seem to work for me either

that’s odd… it works for me

I had the same issue after I finally updated to 84.6. I think what fixed it was clearing the browser cache.

Still works for me, and others as far as I know. I’m on 0.84.6. I don’t use hass.io, but I suspect the correct directory would be /config/custom_components/device_tracker.

I recently updated to the latest release (0.84.6) and I still see history in the device tracker more info windows. Did you check your Recorder settings?

Hello, new to HA here. I just installed life360 and have 4 users sharing location. However in HA it only shows 3 out of 4. The known_devices.yaml lists only 3 users. Would you help me get the fourth entity show up? Tell me what info you need, if any. Thank you.

Nevermind. I fixed it. In configuration.yaml, under members:, It was missing the last name.
Thank you.

FWIW, in configuration.yaml you don’t need to specify members. (You can just leave that parameter out altogether.) If you don’t use the members config option, by default, it will include all members from all Circles automatically.

Having trouble on Hassio. Have config/custom_components/device_tracker/life360.py. Pasted life360.py from raw. I am getting this error:
Log Details (ERROR)
Tue Jan 08 2019 17:47:10 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Error during setup of component device_tracker
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
AttributeError: module ‘custom_components.device_tracker’ has no attribute ‘setup’

Should I have your setup.py file in there too?

The error seems to imply it’s trying to set up a custom component for device_tracker itself. Do you have something at config/custom_components/device_tracker.py or config/custom_components/device_tracker/__init__.py?

Thanks for the reply. I started from scratch. config/custom_components/device_tracker/life360.py and it is working great now. Thank you for your work on this. One of the issues that noobs like me run into all the time with HA is that we follow a tutorial from someone like Drzzz expecting to follow it step by step but are rarely able to because things change so much. Thanks again.

1 Like

I have a similar problem with the history.
I’m in a position and the bar show information

I exec a query in the database and the data is there

Hello.

EDITED

I haven’t updated to 0.85 yet (still on 0.84.6.) Can you provide more details? E.g., are there any errors on the Info page or in homeassistant.log. What exactly do you mean by “can’t load the tracked devices”?

Sorry!!
All is fine with Life360 component! It was a mistake (bad config)

I am going do editing my previous message.

Was recommended this component the other day and it’s absolutely amazing… Fast and reliable, and the driving attributes are particularly useful for some automations I’ve been struggling with. Thanks so much for this!

The only issue I’ve come across so far is the wifi_on attribute. When I disable WiFi through the iOS control center, it still lists that attribute as “True” even after several hours of being on LTE. The only time it ever lists my WiFi as “False” / off is if I manually go into Settings -> WiFi and flip the toggle there (which is far less convenient than the control center obviously).

Glad to hear you’re finding this useful! :slight_smile:

I know this is a long topic, and it may not be obvious, but just to restate a couple points about this custom component. First, it mostly only reports what the Life360 server indicates. Second, that API is unofficial and undocumented – this component is based on some reverse engineering that was done in the open source community. So, bottom line, there isn’t much I can do about issues like this.

You might want to check what the Life360 app reports. If it shows the same thing, you might want to report it to Life360. (Psst. But don’t mention HomeAssistant. If they catch on that we’re using their API, they might shut us down. :wink:)

Speaking of that, have you heard anything about this being included as a native component? I’ve been using it for quite a while without any issues. Keep up the great work!

I made the first step in that direction by officially adding the “low level” communications “library” (which used to be custom_components/life360.py) to the Python Package Index (PyPI) late last year. However, adding a platform officially to HA is (in my mind) a fairly big commitment which I don’t feel I can make at this point.

Thanks for the clarification on that, my fault for not reading through this thread yet. I plan to soon, was just busy making a bunch of automations first.

Here is a gallery of some of the (work in progress) car automations I made this weekend that were possible thanks to this amazing Life360 custom component. I’ve made my car suddenly a lot smarter and still have some more ideas. https://imgur.com/a/MbuRKiC

The battery charging state in Life360 also seems to update/refresh faster than the official HA iOS app so I’ve integrated that into many of my automations (bedtime routine etc) as well.