Life360 Device Tracker Platform

At the very top of the doc page for the custom integration it says Life360 is now a standard integration.

Also at the top of this topic it says Life360 is now a standard integration.

Where did you look where that was not clear?

I like your button @jarrah, I appreciate the work you did on this.
I was trying to add it to my system and keep getting this error message. Any thoughts?

ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read property 'attributes' of undefined in 'let speed = states['device_tracker.life360_name'].attributes.speed; if (states['device_tracker.l...'

Thanks! It works even better now that RomRider has fixed the map refreshing issue.

Just to double check, have you substituted ā€œlife360_nameā€ for your own device name?

You know when you solve 3 or 4 really big issues and learn a ton of things but neglect to notice the most obvious little detail? Ha. yeah, I did that. Thanks for the solution. :sunglasses:

hah, I do that all the time, glad it working! :smile:

Hi,
how come the street name is not shown in the home assistant (address: null) while you are displayed on the life 360 app?
Thanks

Because the HA integration can only display information provided by the Life360 server. If the HA entity shows null for the address, then thatā€™s what it got from Life360.

If I open the 360 app I can correctly display the address, but it is not shown in the Home Assistant

Not sure how else to tell you this. The HA life360 integration only uses information provided by the Life360 server. If the server doesnā€™t provide an address, then thereā€™s nothing to display. Please see the disclaimer in the life360 integration documentation.

Sorry I did not understand. If I see the address from the 360 app, it means that the Life 360 server has acquired the address data. Quite right?

I have no idea how the Life360 server and Life360 app work together. Possibly itā€™s the Life360 app that is doing that. All I know is what the Life360 server provides via its undocumented REST API, which is all the HA integration has to go on. If it provides an address, which it sometimes does, it will be displayed in HA. If it doesnā€™t, then thereā€™s nothing to display.

arg - anyone else noticed that Life360 have re-introduced the bug whereby the life360 app is failing to check in with the life360 server? It was a problem about a year ago, then it got fixed, now itā€™s back! So annoying!

I just received an e-mail that life360 is introducing a ā€œfeatureā€ called bubbles that allows teens to create 10 mile bubbles that hide their exact location. Iā€™m sure there will be massive push back by parents and hopefully, this will not be implemented.

In the event that it does become a permanent feature, Iā€™m putting in a life360 integration request now for an option to auto burst any bubbles that get created with the ability to select the amount of time to allow the bubble to remain active before being burst. Immediately or x minutes, for example.

hopefully? On the contrary I would say, a long desired and overdue functionality.

I do wish they do something like that, to respect very legitimate privacy concerns. The spot on location always makes me feel embarrassed. Introducing the Bubble now will allow the Life360 app to be ā€˜onā€™ and keep us using this very fine device_tracker, while still giving the ā€˜tracked onesā€™ some ease of mind. And those are not only teens.

Since the HA integration uses GPS coordinates, not sure what this change will do to HAā€™s ability to interact with it. Maybe it will result in a larger gps_accuracy value??? Who knows. Since the API is not documented or supportedā€¦

I guess is all depends upon whether they change the underlying way the gps coordinates are sent or leave that as is and have the app control the creation of the bubble based on the actual coordinates.

Is the life360 server down?
At least here in Italy i cannot log into anymore and the device tracker is not workingā€¦

Yes, Life360 is reporting ā€œtechnical difficultiesā€ a couple of hours ago. Referenced here: https://twitter.com/life360?lang=en
and here:
https://life360.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047442093-UPDATE-Technical-difficulties-with-the-app

According to my HA logs this started 6:22AM Central US time (4.5 hours ago).

Hi, I have been using life 360 for some time but this latest issue has left me wondering if I can improve my automation triggers.

Currently I have the following to set my alarm to armed_away.

platform: template
value_template: '{{ not is_state(''device_tracker.life360_mark'', ''home'') }}'

Problem I experienced lately is that when life360 APP updates or goes offline my alarm will arm.

What are the other states apart from using the above template could use?
like this for example, is it a valid config?

platform: state
entity_id: device_tracker.life360_mark
to: away
for: '10'

Is this valid, I am not sure exactly what states life360 uses, Home, Away, Driving?

Regards,

I have an auto backup process that runs on my HA docker weekly and it restarts home assistant. Iā€™ve noticed some of my node red flows that I have setup to run when not home to home triggers from two life360 device trackers has been running when HA restarts. I tested it some tonight and Iā€™ve found that everytime I restart HA the state will briefly change to away and then will change to home for my Life360 device trackers. Iā€™m not sure if this is the intended function or not. If not is there a setting Iā€™m missing maybe?

screenshot