Life360 Officially Supported Integration

I mean I agree but to base it on HA’a position on security is questionable. This is the same platform that thought nothing of taking over / hardcoding DNS without consent. Also the same product who’s web interface has questionable security practices when looked at with vulnerability scanners.

Whatever. This topic is about requesting a tighter integration between Life360 & HA. If anyone doesn’t trust Life360, then don’t use it. But don’t try to spoil it, by posting old, out of date information, for the rest of us who have weighed the options and decided to use.

15 Likes

Also have been using for years. I made the switch to HA Companion App this AM. Had not made the switch b/c it just worked. Well, my 16 y/o is about to get her license and we going to upgrade to gold… not any more.

3 Likes

Hello, my Life360 integration stopped working today. Anyone else having problems? It’s asking me to reconfigure by entering my authentication password, but doesn’t accept it. Looks like it returns a 403 error.

1 Like

Yes.
Literally every user.
See the github issue posted above.

Mine stopped working as well

Mine stopped working as well. Just posting that to the world so this thread stays at the top of the list and gets more votes.

Me too. More Votes Please. (User since the begining.)

Apparently Life360 is locking down the API to boot out third parties. MyQ syndrome…?

was asked to reconfigure, but it didn’t work

A change (hopefully a solution) is in the works. Stay tuned. Still would be good to get as many votes as possible. Who knows, even with a fix, how long it will continue to work.

8 Likes

@pnbruckner Keep up the hard work my friend! Been using this plus your composite tracker for a long time. Tried all the others but none have worked as damn near flawless as you can get except for your work. Thank you sir :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Life360 and Tile trackers are one in the same. I’d have to bet the Tile integration stops working soon too.

Same thing here. Just to keep up the votes. I also logged out and then logged into life360 app on my phone. I did notice one change. They changed their password requirement. My old password consisted of 6 lower case letters and 4 numbers. They now require a minimum of 8 characters and must include at least 1 letter, 1 number, and 1 symbol (ie “$”, “@”, etc).

My old password already met their requirements (even though I did recently change it just to see if it helped.)

FWIW, a temporary fix is available. See: Life360 Device Tracker Platform - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

2 Likes

Had a worrying response from Life360 this morning. I still cant authenticate, even with the new workaround. For me, this journey is finished. Need to look at other solutions.

We understand the importance of using the Home Assistant program with Life360. However, we want to inform you that we no longer support home automation programs such as Home Assistant, Google Home, Alexa, IFTTT, and others, and these programs are no longer compatible with Life360.

Currently, we have no plans to reintroduce compatibility with these programs. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback on this matter, and I will share it with the appropriate team.

I know one of the founders next time I see him i will talk to him about it.

8 Likes

I have installed the traccar add-on from the Community Add-ons and tracker client in my phones that do not run the HA app.
I now have a local solution running inside my HA instance. I needed to open another port, but that is the only mark against it so far.
If there is a way to run this using the nabu-casa url, then that is also taken care of. I had the ports open already anyway, so I just opened another. NBD for me. The phones that I’m running HA anyway, I track off that.

1 Like

Thank God, with today’s update the Life360 issue has been resolved. :pray:

Not for me - still unauthorised :frowning: