Life360 Officially Supported Integration

Been waiting all week and finally got it today so all automations will hopefully work. But no still same issue still unauthorised.

Read Phil post above. There is a temporary fix for it . You may need to create a folder Life360 inside config.
Temporary fix

I have used the official HA install which is said to have fixed it 2023.12.4. Phil’s fix is
“As an interim fix (i.e., before a HA release that updates to it)”.

The official release in 12.4 is still not working for me… I hit reload and same error

Got it working now:

1. Deleted the integration in HA
  2. Changed the Password
  3. Adding the integration back in HA
1 Like

That was a temporary, interim workaround. Do NOT do that with 2023.12.4. Also, if you applied that, or any of the other suggested workarounds, undo them. Then restart HA and try again. If it still doesn’t work, change your life360 password, do NOT verify your phone number if it asks you to, then try again. If it still doesn’t work then I’m stumped.

3 Likes

For some reason, you have to change the password for some accounts, but not for all (I’ve had 2/4). I haven’t found a logical explanation.

Resetting the password from the web page doesn’t work (Life360 Member Login). The e-mail address is not recognized.

You have to do it on the phone by entering the old and new passwords.

And then with 2023.12.4 it works fine (provided you’ve removed all traces of custom applications).

You can do that here:

https://www.life360.com/forgot-password

You’ll need to click the “Search by email” link just below the phone number box.

The only explanation I can think of based on what I’ve heard is that once you verify your phone number (when the Life360 app prompts you to do so), you can’t use the HA integration anymore. You’ll need to change your password again (at least), and do not verify your phone number, or maybe? figure out how to “un” verify it???

Obviously, Life360 stopped working at this point. I did try to replace with OwnTrack, but this app working terrible for me. Did not update location so fast, wrong locations and so on. Including draining the battery. As we know, native HA integration , also not working so good. So, the question is - what alternative we can use. I have a lot of automations, which are related with me and my family members (all on Android devices).

FWIW, it’s working again (with the 2023.2.4 release) for many people.

But there are also many it is not working for (although it’s unclear why. Did they apply a workaround incorrectly? Did they forget to remove a workaround? Did they enable 2FA by verifying the phone number with Life360 which seems to break the HA integration? …???)

And even for those that it is working again, how long will that last (before Life360 changes their API again, and possibly takes active steps to prevent HA from using it, if they aren’t doing that already)?

I only installed 2023.2.4 and everything was working. Didn’t change any account settings

Thank you for the update! Could please explain how to undo the following command :

docker exec -it homeassistant bash
cd /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/life360/
sed -i "s/6.0.0/6.0.1/" manifest.json

I applied the temp fix and would like to update to the current HA. Thank you!

I’m with 2023.12.4 and this stop to work …a week ago.

Yes, that can happen, and is the most likely scenario (if you didn’t install any of the workarounds, etc.) But for some people, they also need to change their Life360 password. There’s no clear reason why.

Just upgrading to 2023.12.4 should overwrite that workaround.

Have you removed all workarounds if you applied any and restarted HA?

Have you changed your Life360 password and tried again?

Have you enabled 2FA in Life360 (by verifying your phone number)? If so, then there is a chance the HA integration may never work again for you. Still, you could try changing your password again (and don’t verify your phone number if Life360 asks you do to that again), as some have indicated that worked for them. Also, although some have had success using the phone number registered with Life360 as the username they enter in HA, I think most have had better luck using the e-mail address associated with their Life360 account as the username in HA when adding the Life360 integration.

I had verified my phone number, not realizing it would break the integration. Changing the password and not verifying your phone number is the key to getting this integration to work.

3 Likes

Exactly this, L360 seems to change the auth method used if you verify your phone number.

Finishing the reverse engineering of this is on my todo list, I know we can check if the email and password will be accepted before sending it, which perhaps is a change we can add to the Python module / integration in the meantime before perhaps taking a look at the 2FA methods, although those are very different to the current username/password based methods.

EDIT: I’ve just decompiled the mobile app, and if they are trying to prevent 3rd party integrations, they aren’t doing a fantastic job, code is pretty clear to read and understand what its doing (compared to other apps I’ve pulled apart). In fact it pretty much hands everything on a plate to you, including the trimmings lol.

3 Likes

Yes , i did it.
Only 2FA i did not. because I can’t find this option in the mobile app.
My phone number is verified a years ago in Life360.
At the moment aith 2023.12.4 i can fulfil username and password in HA integration and have no errors, but actually the integration not appear. Even after several restarts.

Full host reboot fix everything.