Light Entity Card

Thanks, that solved the problem

I’ve gone into Configuration>Lovelace Dashboards, clicked on Resources tab up top and added

/www/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

With Resource type as JavaScript Module and I can’t seem to add this under UI configuration when I add a Manual Card. When I add:

type: 'custom:light-entity-card'

I get:

Custom element doesn’t exist: light-entity-card. type: ‘custom:light-entity-card’

I’ve tried removing custom: with no fix either. Can someone please help get me straight?

Great card, however I don’t get the effects to work. I provided some of my Hue scenes there. But when I select one from the drop down it does not get applied.

type: custom:light-entity-card
entity: light.woonkamer
group: true
persist_features: true
effects_list:
  - "Savanna sunset"
  - "Tropical twilight"
  - "Arctic aurora"
  - "Spring blossom"
  - "Relax"
  - "Read"
  - "Concentrate"
  - "Energize"
  - "Bright"
  - "Dimmed"
  - "Nightlight"

For those who get this error:

Custom element doesn’t exist: light-entity-card. type: ‘custom:light-entity-card’

Try this:

In Configuration->Lovelace control panels->Resources replace this:

/hacsfiles/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

with this:

/www/community/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

Since the route where the js file is installed is wrong!

It worked for me :slight_smile:

After a reboot the problem is back! So I found this solution:

Create the folder hacsfiles in config and copy inside the light-entity-card from www/community/. Then reboot HA

yett another card killed by developers of HA

1 Like

Since the newest release it constantly fails to load the card.
I guess it’s caused by the way developers chose to handle loading of custom components.

Any chance this can get fixed soon?

(From HACS)

Thanks for pointing that out.
Didn’t notice that.

In that case i guess i have to look for a working alternative for my brightness and color temperature sliders.

That’s old info. The github has been revived after HA reverted some changes for custom cards. For now the card works fine again. Also he updated the card with this changelog a 13 days ago:

* added lazy loader for HA v0.116

I have it working fine on HA 116.2, running as popup with browser_mod.

2 Likes

hhm… but i’m currently not able to find the card in HACS?!?1

@ASNNetworks Can you give me a hint how you installed it? I can’t find it in HACS currently.

It was in HACS for me. You are adding it with the plus sign right? I notice people don’t always use HACS correct and use the search bar instead, which only shows stuff that’s new or already installed.

stupid me, Missed the Orange “+” button in the corner and tried to search in the top Search field. All sorted, thanks anyway,

Yes, that’s what I said :stuck_out_tongue: But you figured that out as well and posted that right after I did.

Hi,

Still a newbie to home assistant. I’ve managed to install the card and display it, and turn on/off lights using it, but I’m struggling to get the color picker to show! Is this working for others?

Did you set color_picker: true in your card config?

I did. I guess it works for you then :smiley:

Yes, with HA 108.4.

I’m using this Custom Card for Fibaro RGBWM441 Zwave controllers, and notice that when the lights are off, the card displays in Lovelace as:

Home Assistant 04

But when the lights are on, I see:

Is this expected behaviour?

I’m using Version 0.118.4 on HassOS 5.5