Light Entity Card

@ASNNetworks Can you give me a hint how you installed it? I can’t find it in HACS currently.

It was in HACS for me. You are adding it with the plus sign right? I notice people don’t always use HACS correct and use the search bar instead, which only shows stuff that’s new or already installed.

stupid me, Missed the Orange “+” button in the corner and tried to search in the top Search field. All sorted, thanks anyway,

Yes, that’s what I said :stuck_out_tongue: But you figured that out as well and posted that right after I did.

Hi,

Still a newbie to home assistant. I’ve managed to install the card and display it, and turn on/off lights using it, but I’m struggling to get the color picker to show! Is this working for others?

Did you set color_picker: true in your card config?

I did. I guess it works for you then :smiley:

Yes, with HA 108.4.

I’m using this Custom Card for Fibaro RGBWM441 Zwave controllers, and notice that when the lights are off, the card displays in Lovelace as:

Home Assistant 04

But when the lights are on, I see:

Is this expected behaviour?

I’m using Version 0.118.4 on HassOS 5.5

Read the ReadMe of the component.

Use persist_features: true

1 Like

Aha - thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for the card.
It works great, but when I select an effect I get this error in Home Assistant:
Scene ‘’ not in scene list.
But the effect is going to my Wiz Light so it works.
Any idea how I can get rid of this error ?

Regards,

Bart

Anyone aware if there’s a an option for -name: xxxxx to use an alternate name than the underlying entity name?

Isn’t that just the header setting?

Not that I’ve seen? Here’s my current card:

Here’s the config:

So really trying to drop the ‘Room’ from the name, and not use the ‘Friendly Name’, but this name as overwritten ui-lovelace.yaml:

set consolidate_entities to true. i really want to rewrite that whole header code but it would be a breaking change…

I just renamed the underlying entity in HA. Looked and saw I really don’t ‘use’ that friendly name anywhere else (this is one of the only places that can’t use the name: override), so no big deal. Certainly not trying to put more work / breaking changes on anyone!! :wink: Love the card and grateful for your work on it!

Hey everyone

I was wondering if there is a way of always showing the color wheel even when the lights are off

Since I am here, what about changing the placing of the white or brightness sliders. For example to the bottom.

I would really love to always have the card with the same size and features even if the light is off. This way I can start specifically where I want instead of starting in my last point and then change

1 Like

I already asked about persisting the color wheel further up in the thread, and got the answer:

Oh, much appreciated, I must have missed it
For some reason I had this coded to false, but don’t recall reading it