Light Entity Card

Anyone using this card with Fibaro RGBW (z-wave) and able to share some config ?

Hello, I canā€™t add integration in HACS - there is no ā€œlight entity cardā€ , when I trying to add integration - search return other integrations, that have ā€œlightā€ in tittles, but none light entity card
When I tried to add new repository and paste a link to project in github - the hacs returns an answer, that light antithesis card already exists in other repository
Adding a file to home directory of HA without hacs and configuring like
Matt_Barnes an augustā€™19 also failed- the interface of my HA returns ā€œCustom element doesnā€™t exist: light-entity-cardā€œ
Hacs and HA are the latest versions, other integrations from hacs also installing well
What can I try to do else?
Thanks

Itā€™s not an integration - itā€™s a plugin. Shows under frontend in HACS.

1 Like

thanks a lot!
i found it!!
THA-A-A-NKS

Hi, Iā€™m not getting any colors? Iā€™m using tuya based lamps any tips?

I have the same issue but cant even get temperature to show. It it helps at all, Iā€™m trying to get an Inovelli z-wave lzw42 RGBW bulb to work.

Since the update to HA 0.112.0, for me this card is rendering light groups as separate individual light entities, each with its own controls.

Is anyone else seeing this? Iā€™ll post an issue on gitub if itā€™s not just me.

same for me after the update to 0.112.1

See the Change Log https://github.com/ljmerza/light-entity-card/releases.

Use consolidate_entities: true for grouped entities.

Thanks, that solved the problem

Iā€™ve gone into Configuration>Lovelace Dashboards, clicked on Resources tab up top and added

/www/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

With Resource type as JavaScript Module and I canā€™t seem to add this under UI configuration when I add a Manual Card. When I add:

type: 'custom:light-entity-card'

I get:

Custom element doesnā€™t exist: light-entity-card. type: ā€˜custom:light-entity-cardā€™

Iā€™ve tried removing custom: with no fix either. Can someone please help get me straight?

Great card, however I donā€™t get the effects to work. I provided some of my Hue scenes there. But when I select one from the drop down it does not get applied.

type: custom:light-entity-card
entity: light.woonkamer
group: true
persist_features: true
effects_list:
  - "Savanna sunset"
  - "Tropical twilight"
  - "Arctic aurora"
  - "Spring blossom"
  - "Relax"
  - "Read"
  - "Concentrate"
  - "Energize"
  - "Bright"
  - "Dimmed"
  - "Nightlight"

For those who get this error:

Custom element doesnā€™t exist: light-entity-card. type: ā€˜custom:light-entity-cardā€™

Try this:

In Configuration->Lovelace control panels->Resources replace this:

/hacsfiles/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

with this:

/www/community/light-entity-card/light-entity-card.js

Since the route where the js file is installed is wrong!

It worked for me :slight_smile:

After a reboot the problem is back! So I found this solution:

Create the folder hacsfiles in config and copy inside the light-entity-card from www/community/. Then reboot HA

yett another card killed by developers of HA

1 Like

Since the newest release it constantly fails to load the card.
I guess itā€™s caused by the way developers chose to handle loading of custom components.

Any chance this can get fixed soon?

(From HACS)

Thanks for pointing that out.
Didnā€™t notice that.

In that case i guess i have to look for a working alternative for my brightness and color temperature sliders.

Thatā€™s old info. The github has been revived after HA reverted some changes for custom cards. For now the card works fine again. Also he updated the card with this changelog a 13 days ago:

* added lazy loader for HA v0.116

I have it working fine on HA 116.2, running as popup with browser_mod.

2 Likes

hhmā€¦ but iā€™m currently not able to find the card in HACS?!?1